Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a frustrating game to watch........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a frustrating game to watch........

BYU was awful defensively in teh 2nd half, giving UNLV multiple wide open looks. I want Prof b-ball to come and rescue Fredette now, he has made very questionable decisions the past few games. I dont understand why a 6'11 Chris Miles feels the need to do an up and under move when he is guarded by a 6'7 Darger. Just shoot a simple baby hook over the top of him.

I expected BYU to lose at least 1 game on this road trip but at least play well. UNLV missed 8 straight shots in the first half and had 11 straight empty possessions yet BYU couldnt stretch their lead to anything larger than 5 points.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    BYU was awful defensively in teh 2nd half, giving UNLV multiple wide open looks. I want Prof b-ball to come and rescue Fredette now, he has made very questionable decisions the past few games. I dont understand why a 6'11 Chris Miles feels the need to do an up and under move when he is guarded by a 6'7 Darger. Just shoot a simple baby hook over the top of him.

I expected BYU to lose at least 1 game on this road trip but at least play well. UNLV missed 8 straight shots in the first half and had 11 straight empty possessions yet BYU couldnt stretch their lead to anything larger than 5 points.
    This basketball team is making me feel like the football team.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      This basketball team is making me feel like the football team.
      Let me add that its bullshit that the refs didnt give BYU that foul with about 2 seconds left.
      *Banned*

Comment

My #1 frustration continues to be with Chris Miles......he could've had about 1325892305983209582309538 dunks tonight,,,but he always goes and just tries softly putting it up...and his hands....wow...he has just atrocious hands for a big man.

But...strange as this sounds......and I've no real reason, but this game gave me some hope that this team will play angry for the rest of the season, proving they belong, starting with Tues at San Diego State.

Comment

Same story. Different BYU sport.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
            My #1 frustration continues to be with Chris Miles......he could've had about 1325892305983209582309538 dunks tonight,,,but he always goes and just tries softly putting it up...and his hands....wow...he has just atrocious hands for a big man.

But...strange as this sounds......and I've no real reason, but this game gave me some hope that this team will play angry for the rest of the season, proving they belong, starting with Tues at San Diego State.
            I agree Miles should have had 20 and 10 last night. Instead he had 10 and 5. How does the biggest guy on the floor by 5 inches only pull down 5 rebounds?
            *Banned*

Comment

I agree Miles should have had 20 and 10 last night. Instead he had 10 and 5. How does the biggest guy on the floor by 5 inches only pull down 5 rebounds?
              My little brother served with Chris in Portland. Today at church I was telling my mom I was tired. She asked if I was up late and I said yeah I stayed up to watch BYU lose by 1 (11pm start time on the east coast - I need to move). She then asks if my brother's companion played. And I said yeah he starts actually. So my mother says that he must be good. I said, actually he sucks. He sucks bad. I have never seen such a waste of size and talent.

Part of me wonders if another coach could get it out of him. Because there are hints and glimpses of game in that kid. But these hopeful flashes are forgotten the next 5 times he touches the ball (or doesn't). I think it's more mental with him. I hope he finds it sometime. At least before next year.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                My little brother served with Chris in Portland. Today at church I was telling my mom I was tired. She asked if I was up late and I said yeah I stayed up to watch BYU lose by 1 (11pm start time on the east coast - I need to move). She then asks if my brother's companion played. And I said yeah he starts actually. So my mother says that he must be good. I said, actually he sucks. He sucks bad. I have never seen such a waste of size and talent.

Part of me wonders if another coach could get it out of him. Because there are hints and glimpses of game in that kid. But these hopeful flashes are forgotten the next 5 times he touches the ball (or doesn't). I think it's more mental with him. I hope he finds it sometime. At least before next year.
                The announcers last night said that they have heard from several coaches including Dino Gaudia at Wake that they Miles is an NBA player. I think he has NBA potential but is about a million miles away from reaching it the fact that he is a junior and isnt close makes me think he will never get there.
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post

I came away with the opposite impression. Watching BYU muff 2-3 O-rebounds in the first half (knock it out of bounds, tip it back to UNLV sitting under the basket for an easy score), Miles' inability to dominate against a much smaller opponent (what's up with that missed dunk?), and then giving up O-rebounds at critical times in the second half, it seems to me that this team is close, but not close enough to doing all the little things (most very easy to do) needed to succeed on a bigger stage (like challenge for the league title and win a game in the NCAA tourney).

I hope you're correct Rocky.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    I came away with the opposite impression. Watching BYU muff 2-3 O-rebounds in the first half (knock it out of bounds, tip it back to UNLV sitting under the basket for an easy score), Miles' inability to dominate against a much smaller opponent (what's up with that missed dunk?), and then giving up O-rebounds at critical times in the second half, it seems to me that this team is close, but not close enough to doing all the little things (most very easy to do) needed to succeed on a bigger stage (like challenge for the league title and win a game in the NCAA tourney).

I hope you're correct Rocky.
                    I think the last 1:30 of that game, gave a lot of BYU fans hope. BYU was down 12 with under 2 minutes and pulled to within 1 with 3 seconds left. If they had a timeout they would have at least a shot at a game tying 3.
                    *Banned*

Comment

The announcers last night said that they have heard from several coaches including Dino Gaudia at Wake that they Miles is an NBA player. I think he has NBA potential but is about a million miles away from reaching it the fact that he is a junior and isnt close makes me think he will never get there.
                      Same guys that said Plaisted was a NBA player?

Comment

I think the last 1:30 of that game, gave a lot of BYU fans hope. BYU was down 12 with under 2 minutes and pulled to within 1 with 3 seconds left. If they had a timeout they would have at least a shot at a game tying 3.
                        I turned it off with just under 2:00 minutes when UNLV went up 10+, so I missed the fireworks. That end-of-game rush is nice, but it was lost much earlier than that.

I get frustrated when we do the stupid thing, and we seem to do it often. We dump a sure D-rebound out of bounds (it was unopposed) in the first half and Darger hits a three on the inbounds. Miles misses a dunk. We allow a critical O-rebound to that white 3-point shooter in the closing minutes (under the basket).
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          I turned it off with just under 2:00 minutes when UNLV went up 10+, so I missed the fireworks. That end-of-game rush is nice, but it was lost much earlier than that.

I get frustrated when we do the stupid thing, and we seem to do it often. We dump a sure D-rebound out of bounds (it was unopposed) in the first half and Darger hits a three on the inbounds. Miles misses a dunk. We allow a critical O-rebound to that white 3-point shooter in the closing minutes (under the basket).
                          We had 3 rebounds that we dumped out of bounds because two players grabbed it. I agree it was just not well played.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                          X