"Fully Invited"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fully Invited"

A couple of days ago, I saw this guy wearing a red shirt that said "Fully Invited" on the front. It wasn't until I saw the back of the shirt to see something like "Farewell tour" with the upcoming Utah football season listed below. I chuckled a little at the lame smack ("invited"...ouch, that packs some sting!) but still couldn't figure out what the heck "fully invited" meant.

A few minutes later, I finally got it, and I smiled a little bigger, as I realized that even with a PAC 12 invite, as long as Bronco is our coach, he is firmly, and will forever be, in the collective Utefan head.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Mocking BYU's sloganeering is easy... and fun.

2008's "qUest complete" was a nice shirt, too.

What's Bronco's slogan for this year? Or did he finally learn?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma'ake View Post

I have no idea. You'll probably have to ask your average Ute fan--they tend to follow these things much more closely.

I'll admit the "qUest complete" shirt stung a little (although really, I thought the whole controversy over that shirt was silly, as the meaning clearly had nothing to do with expecting an undefeated season). But this is just a lame reworking of a several year old slogan that most cougar fans, including myself, have forgotten, and would have to think about to even catch the connection. Isn't it just a tad embarrassing that the first T-shirt to come out of the biggest event in your history is a reference to an obscure slogan from your rival? It reminds me of the "57-28, I was there!" shirts I saw as a kid.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

"Quest for Perfection" was BYU's slogan for 2008, the same year Utah went undefeated, so it was still topical, (although I think the vast majority of BYU fans purged that slogan from their conciousness as soon as they got clobbered by TCU).

Ute fans were amazed/amused that Bronco was dumb enough to state the perfection goal as a slogan, no matter how nuanced the explanation of what Bronco really meant by "perfection".

Comment

"Quest for Perfection" was BYU's slogan for 2008, the same year Utah went undefeated, so it was still topical, (although I think the vast majority of BYU fans purged that slogan from their conciousness as soon as they got clobbered by TCU).

Ute fans were amazed/amused that Bronco was dumb enough to state the perfection goal as a slogan, no matter how nuanced the explanation of what Bronco really meant by "perfection".
          You honestly think Bronco came up with that? Or did BYU marketing come up with it and ask Bronco to run with it?
          "Not at the table Carlos"

Comment

Given the lame slogans from both camps over the years (Ma'ake has alluded to the Y's; dignity precludes me from rattling off the U's), it's amusing either side uses it as ammo in the rivalry wars. Next up, fight songs!

Comment

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

This is right up there with the "SW Baptist 80 Utah 79" and "Utes Suck" shirts I see BYU fans wear.

You might think it's mocking, but it legitimizes the other team. I hate it.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal Cougar View Post
                  Or did BYU marketing come up with it and ask Bronco to run with it?
                  So God is that stupid?
                  I intend to live forever.
                  So far, so good.
                  --Steven Wright

Comment

I think it's "MAFU."
                    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                      A couple of days ago, I saw this guy wearing a red shirt that said "Fully Invited" on the front. It wasn't until I saw the back of the shirt to see something like "Farewell tour" with the upcoming Utah football season listed below. I chuckled a little at the lame smack ("invited"...ouch, that packs some sting!) but still couldn't figure out what the heck "fully invited" meant.

A few minutes later, I finally got it, and I smiled a little bigger, as I realized that even with a PAC 12 invite, as long as Bronco is our coach, he is firmly, and will forever be, in the collective Utefan head.
                      Over the years both teams have had some funny tshirts. Its what makes college football and this rivalry so much fun. As the only Ute fan in my family it always gives me something to wear on Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Given the lame slogans from both camps over the years (Ma'ake has alluded to the Y's; dignity precludes me from rattling off the U's), it's amusing either side uses it as ammo in the rivalry wars. Next up, fight songs!
                        I liked the Elizabeth Smart one. The guys dressed up breaking through the window of a house "Don't make us come get you!"

That was fun.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

I saw one last night that read, "Utah Utes - 2011 PAC12 Champions".

Comment

Originally posted by UteBlackSheep View Post
                            Over the years both teams have had some funny tshirts. Its what makes college football and this rivalry so much fun. As the only Ute fan in my family it always gives me something to wear on Thanksgiving.
                            Lame slogans on stupid shirts don't even come close to making the rivalry run. Close games that matter make the rivalry fun.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I have no problem with running rival-specific smack when you're playing the rival. I can even see the fun of wearing a T-shirt like that to Thanksgiving if you're surrounded by BYU fans. But every day, right after your PAC-10 invite? On national TV, when you're playing someone else? Lame.

I wonder how many anti-Utah signs you'll see in Provo this weekend. I'm going out on a limb to say none. You're lamer--own it.
                              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                              X