Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jake Murphy transferring to the U. a done deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jake Murphy transferring to the U. a done deal?

I've read on cougarboard that Murphy was upset BYU didn't have a scholarship available earlier than they had planned for. With Jordan Afo heading to Snow and Jordan Smith not joining the team until January it seems like that problem could be solved. Does anyone have any insight? I'd hate to lose Murphy to the U, I think he could end being a good defensive lineman.

He's definitely not at camp for the Utes, and nary a word has been uttered by U insiders.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
      He's definitely not at camp for the Utes, and nary a word has been uttered by U insiders.
      Thanks for the info, BO

Comment

Apparently he's not on BYU's roster that just came out.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

As I understand it he does no get home for another week or two. I expect him to go to Utah.
          "Not at the table Carlos"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal Cougar View Post
            As I understand it he does no get home for another week or two. I expect him to go to Utah.
            Damn!

Comment

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/u...ssion.html.csp

Bengal was right, Murphy was at Utah's practice today.
              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/u...ssion.html.csp

Bengal was right, Murphy was at Utah's practice today.

No biggie. He sucked, anyway.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Is this Dale Murphy's kid?
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    yes
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post

Yep....and here's to hoping he doesn't go all Paul Kruger and end up just killing everyone from the position that Utah will move him to, DE.
                      If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer

Comment

Despite these developments, I'm still not going to say anything crazy like his dad belongs in the Hall of Fame.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          Despite these developments, I'm still not going to say anything crazy like his dad belongs in the Hall of Fame.
                          If you really loved Portland like you claim to you would change that stance. I guess you are more Utah County than Portland.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            Is it really crazy to say Murphy belongs in the Hall of Fame? Andre Dawson is in, and their careers are very comparable. Shoot, I'd say Murph should be in if Jim Rice is in. As far as injustices go, nothing compares to Bert Blyleven. But I digress.

Now, Don Mattingly in the HOF ... that's crazy talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                              Now, Don Mattingly in the HOF ... that's crazy talk.
                              Oh c'mon, that mustache alone belongs in the HOF.

Comment

Working...
                              X