Iowa Hawkeyes @ #10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Hawkeyes @ #10

What's your take on that? I think MWC fans in general dislike the Big-10, so when a Big Ten team not named Michigan or Ohio State cracks the pre-season top-10, I hear a lot of grumbling.

Hawkeyes are my #2 team, and even though I don't always like Ferentz's game play (nor do I like the fact that the Stoopes boys played their college ball there), I'm pretty pumped to see what they can do this season.

So, when you see Iowa as preseason 10, do you think "that's outrageous!!" or do you think it's about right?
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=28256
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

well, granted, but technically he *is* in the right forum.

Comment

Wrong thread or not...

I don't have any problem with Iowa being in the top ten especially given that they have been showing interest in my son playing there.

Go Hawks!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
          well, granted, but technically he *is* in the right forum.
          Unfortunately we don't have a wrong thread smiley.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Iowa is a lot like Cal. They have a vastly overrated coach that the national media loves for some reason. They start every few years ranked ridiculously high, then end up having a 7 or 8 win season with a couple of blowout losses.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Iowa is a lot like Cal. They have a vastly overrated coach that the national media loves for some reason. They start every few years ranked ridiculously high, then end up having a 7 or 8 win season with a couple of blowout losses.
              Except for last season!!
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by RedSox View Post
                Except for last season!!
                They started last year with low expectations, like 2004. They start this year with high expectations like 2005.

So the good news is that since the B10 has good bowl tie-ins, you probably go to a NYD bowl.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

That just pisses me off.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by RedSox View Post
                    What's your take on that? I think MWC fans in general dislike the Big-10, so when a Big Ten team not named Michigan or Ohio State cracks the pre-season top-10, I hear a lot of grumbling.

Hawkeyes are my #2 team, and even though I don't always like Ferentz's game play (nor do I like the fact that the Stoopes boys played their college ball there), I'm pretty pumped to see what they can do this season.

So, when you see Iowa as preseason 10, do you think "that's outrageous!!" or do you think it's about right?
                    I thought the Iowa/Cal comparison was legit, save for HFN's remarks on the coaches. I think Tedford is a fantastic coach. But both teams are very similar in that they seem to do best when no one expects them to, and flounder when expectations are high.

Who does Iowa miss in Big 10 play? That could say something as to where they'll finish this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X