How would you discipline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you discipline?

Mormon boy touches Mormon girl's boobs. Girl resists, but only after indulging for 20 seconds or so. Both are penitent. What is the correct Church discipline?

A) Boy goes without sacrament for 3 months (or weeks...whatever)
    B) Girl goes without sacrament for 3 months
    C) Both boy and girl go without sacrament for 3 months
    D) Other (please explain)

How does your answer change if the girl confesses first and blames the guy or vice versa?
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

I don't see any reason to discipline them. Their actions do not put the Church at risk so the Church does not need to protect itself. Further, the atonement, infinite as it is, does not need anything further to cover the sin so why add to the guilt and concern they feel. The far larger and more prevalent problem in the Church is not the willingness to blithely accept sin but rather the inability to accept forgiveness and to forgive yourself. I think we need to combat that.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
      Mormon boy touches Mormon girl's boobs. Girl resists, but only after indulging for 20 seconds or so. Both are penitent. What is the correct Church discipline?

How does your answer change if the girl confesses first and blames the guy or vice versa?
      This is impossible to answer because each case is so different. On the question of the sacrament, approaches to that vary wildly among bishops. Some like that limitation to last as short a time as possible, some let the transgressor decide, some don't even like to use that approach. Some would not take any action at all. I have known bishops in all 4 categories.
      Last edited by LA Ute; 02-18-2009, 04:20 PM.
      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
        I don't see any reason to discipline them. Their actions do not put the Church at risk so the Church does not need to protect itself. Further, the atonement, infinite as it is, does not need anything further to cover the sin so why add to the guilt and concern they feel. The far larger and more prevalent problem in the Church is not the willingness to blithely accept sin but rather the inability to accept forgiveness and to forgive yourself. I think we need to combat that.
        Amen.
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          This is impossible to answer because each case is so different. On the question of the sacrament, approaches to that vary wildly among bishops.
          I don't think each case is really that different, but I do agree that approaches vary wildly.

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          Some like that limitation to last as short a time as possible, some let the transgressor decide, some don't even like to use that approach. Some would not take any action at all. I have known bishops in all 4 categories.
          Yeah, this is one more reason why the system is lame. But maybe kids would screw around more (or less?) if they knew that their bishop was predictable.
          That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

Comment

If it's my daughter.... cut boy's penis off and feed it to my dog.
            sigpic
            "Outlined against a blue, gray
            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
              If it's my daughter.... cut boy's penis off and feed it to my dog.
              Amen.

Is this under the shirt, under the bra touching? Over the shirt? Under the shirt, over the bra?
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Amen.

Is this under the shirt, under the bra touching? Over the shirt? Under the shirt, over the bra?
                Under the bra, you puritans.

Comment

Under the bra, you puritans.
                  In that case, the knife would be dull.
                  sigpic
                  "Outlined against a blue, gray
                  October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Amen.

Are you a bishop?
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                      Are you a bishop?
                      Not yet. Aspiring though.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                        Are you a bishop?
                        Clearly he's not, or he would have asked if the boy ejaculated.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Clearly he's not, or he would have asked if the boy ejaculated.
                          Note to self.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

What if the girl placed the boy's hands on her breasts, and the boy removed his hands after indulging for 20 seconds? Who is more culpable?

Comment

What if the girl placed the boy's hands on her breasts, and the boy removed his hands after indulging for 20 seconds? Who is more culpable?
                              If they were on a group date this never would have happened. Both are equally culpable. Make them read Miracle of Forgiveness, no sacrament for 6 months and release them from their callings if they hold any. How'd I do?
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X