Lamb officially retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb officially retires

Howell enters his fourth season on the BYU staff after serving the past three seasons as a graduate assistant. Since first being hired by Mendenhall in 2007, he has helped coach defensive backs and linebackers as the team’s defensive graduate assistant. Howell has been working as the team’s outside linebackers coach during Lamb’s leave of absence and will continue to serve in that capacity on the staff.

“Nick is one of the brightest young football coaches in the country,” Mendenhall said. “He is extremely diligent, energetic, and hard working. He is passionate about BYU. I am thrilled to have him continue to be part of our staff, and I am confident he will be successful in building on what Coach Lamb has done here at BYU.”

Howell enters his new role with eight years of coaching experience at the college and high school levels. Prior to coming to BYU in 2007, he was the head coach at Ben Lomond High School (Ogden, Utah) from 2004-2006 and served as defensive coordinator at Weber High School (North Ogden, Utah) in 2003 and defensive line coach at Sky View High School (Smithfield, Utah) in 2002.

“I’m grateful for this opportunity and excited to represent BYU in a new role on Coach Mendenhall’s staff,” Howell said. “I am looking forward to working with the players and making contributions to the program.”

A native of Ogden, Utah, Howell earned a M.A. in education with teaching certification from the University of Phoenix in 2007 after receiving his undergraduate degree in history from Weber State University (Ogden, Utah) in 2005. Howell and his wife Brooke have three children: Dakota, Kayla and Autumn.

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=14188

I don't know anything about Howell other than what is in the article. Bronco was either lazy in the hire or really sees something in this guy. Hopefully he's a good recruiter.
Working...
X