McShay has Collie ranked as #17 WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McShay has Collie ranked as #17 WR

You need an Insider account to view this (you may be able to see a partial list without it, not sure), but McShay has AC as the #17 WR of those who were invited to the combine:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=3909346

He gives AC a grade of 64, while Crabtree has a grade of 98 at the #1 spot.

Also, Brian Johnson is not listed in McShay's top 20 list of QBs at the combine, nor is he listed in his top 3 list of QBs not invited to the combine. (Top 20 and top 3 were as deep as his QB lists went).

I think this rankings are going to change drastically after this week. Not saying Collie will jump up, but after the combine most rankings will be a lot different. Also according to the averages he posted, Collie is a 4th round pick.
    *Banned*

Comment

Was BJ invited to the combine?

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
        Was BJ invited to the combine?
        No he was not. Utah had Kruger, Smith and Sakoda. BYU has Bright, Feinga and Collie.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          I think this rankings are going to change drastically after this week. Not saying Collie will jump up, but after the combine most rankings will be a lot different. Also according to the averages he posted, Collie is a 4th round pick.
          Assuming it were true that he goes in the 4th round, do you think it was wise for Collie to leave early? Would his stock dropped or risen that much next year? I suppose he would be risking injury.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Assuming it were true that he goes in the 4th round, do you think it was wise for Collie to leave early? Would his stock dropped or risen that much next year? I suppose he would be risking injury.
            I think his stock would be pretty much the same next year. I think he is as high as he can go, and barring injury next year his stock would have most likely stayed the same.
            *Banned*

Comment

NFL guys are looking for size and speed. He would have either risked injury or a down year by staying. His stock wouldn't have improved, IMO.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                NFL guys are looking for size and speed. He would have either risked injury or a down year by staying. His stock wouldn't have improved, IMO.
                I agree. But would it have dropped?

I guess this is the internal conflict for many of these players that have another year of eligibility....do I come back and enjoy the college experience, then go off to work next year at basically the same draft spot? Or do I jump early and go for the bucks now?

Then again, this could also simply mean that Collie wasn't enjoying the college experience as much as he could have been.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  I agree, it would be very hard for him to duplicate the numbers and I doubt the NFL scouts would care anyways. The only thing that could have helped would have been if he was going to face any NFL talents at corner next year. He faced on in Sean Smith this year and held his own, does FSU, or OK have NFL talents at corner?

I know Jan Jorgensen was excited to go against Eben Britton who is a projected 1st round pick out of Arizona.
                  *Banned*

Comment

I agree. But would it have dropped?

I guess this is the internal conflict for many of these players that have another year of eligibility....do I come back and enjoy the college experience, then go off to work next year at basically the same draft spot? Or do I jump early and go for the bucks now?

Then again, this could also simply mean that Collie wasn't enjoying the college experience as much as he could have been.
                    The other thing Collie has going against him is age. He is 23 and will turn 24 before the season starts. It looks a lot better getting drafted at 23 and turning 24 before the season then 24 turning 25.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                    X