Week One open thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week One open thread

The World Cup ended today and MLB has their all-star break, so I caught myself looking at the schedule for the first weekend of games.

Obviously Pitt @ Utah and U-Dub @ BYU have earned top billing for the folks of this board, but here's four other games I'm looking forward to:

UConn @ Michigan
    Oregon St vs. TCU (Dallas)
    UNC vs. LSU (Atlanta)
    Boise St vs. VaTech (Washington D.C.)

Here's the complete schedule:
    http://www.nationalchamps.net/2010/s...ings/index.htm

Also of note: ESPN's College GameDay is expanded to three hours. So good for them.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Don't forget Utah State @ Oklahoma. There's one you don't want to miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      I wil be curious to see if a Utah based team beats OU two consecutive years in the opener. Count me as interested!
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        I wil be curious to see if a Utah based team beats OU two consecutive years in the opener. Count me as interested!
        We play them every other year or so. I guess they like the paycheck. Two years ago the score was 54-3 in the third quarter.

Comment

It should be a game for what, about 2 series

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
            It should be a game for what, about 2 series
            Gary Andersen will keep them in the game until the 2nd quarter.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              Gary Andersen will keep them in the game until the 2nd quarter.
              As much as I like OU, I really hope Gary can make a game of it.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

The World Cup ended today and MLB has their all-star break, so I caught myself looking at the schedule for the first weekend of games.

Obviously Pitt @ Utah and U-Dub @ BYU have earned top billing for the folks of this board, but here's four other games I'm looking forward to:

UConn @ Michigan
                UNC vs. LSU (Atlanta)

Also of note: ESPN's College GameDay is expanded to three hours. So good for them.
                I good showing by the MWC in those games would be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by statman View Post
                  I good showing by the MWC in those games would be nice...
                  AND AGAIN with the Roman numerals!!!!?!!!

Comment

UConn @ Michigan
                    UNC vs. LSU (Atlanta)

This might be the best news I have heard in the past couple of weeks.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                      This might be the best news I have heard in the past couple of weeks.

I don't see how I am going to fit in mowing the lawn now. Sure is going to be dark when they do a west coast location at 6 am.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        I don't see how I am going to fit in mowing the lawn now. Sure is going to be dark when they do a west coast location at 6 am.
                        Friday after work my friend. Let's make sure our priorities straight.
                        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Friday after work my friend. Let's make sure our priorities straight.
                          yeah, but the Friday ESPN game is on by then!!

Comment

yeah, but the Friday ESPN game is on by then!!
                            True, I will just have to move my weekly lawn mowing to Tuesday or Wednesday night. Those are the nights that if there is a football game on, it is usually the one that is least interesting game on T.V. during the week.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

True, I will just have to move my weekly lawn mowing to Tuesday or Wednesday night. Those are the nights that if there is a football game on, it is usually the one that is least interesting game on T.V. during the week.
                              Work finishes at 5:30, Game starts at 7:00. no problem
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                              X