This will help N. Idaho's image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will help N. Idaho's image

and the Republican party's outreach to Hispanics for sure. Some folks are a bit short sighted.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...sta-theme.html

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    and the Republican party's outreach to Hispanics for sure. Some folks are a bit short sighted.

I love Northern Idaho and have seriously considered relocating there.

Honestly though, I haven't had a lot of interaction with folks there (outside of job interviews), but I have driven through there several times and it is absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
      I love Northern Idaho and have seriously considered relocating there.

Honestly though, I haven't had a lot of interaction with folks there (outside of job interviews), but I have driven through there several times and it is absolutely gorgeous.
      I have never been to N. Idaho either and my guess is that there are as many wonderful people there as there are anywhere. My wife was born in Idaho and often when that enters the conversation back east or in California the subject of Hayden Lake comes up (which I am sure the locals must love).

This kind of article will not help that linkage in the mind of folks outside the borders of the Gem State.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post

Isn't the GOP relatively moderate in northern Idaho?
        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Wow. This is really getting crazy.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
            It would appear that this particular county is not-at least on this "issue."

Comment

If you give them enough rope . . .
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                I grew up in Coeur d'Alene and although relatively moderate in their conservatism on most social issues (my graduating class was less than 5% Mormon), there is a strong streak of racism (conscious and unconscious).

Remember this has been the haven for white-supremacists for ages. Retired LA cops migrate there is hordes to enjoy the nearly all-white environment. Even those that wouldn't think of themselves as racist find protectionist and other mental excuses for justifying their beliefs.

Comment

I recall, growing up in Idaho, there were a few pools of Neo-Nazi groups (aka. "skinheads") in the North and around the Jerome area in the South. Apparently the Aryan Nation is trying to make a come back.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by katoa View Post
                    I grew up in Coeur d'Alene and although relatively moderate in their conservatism on most social issues (my graduating class was less than 5% Mormon), there is a strong streak of racism (conscious and unconscious).

Remember this has been the haven for white-supremacists for ages. Retired LA cops migrate there is hordes to enjoy the nearly all-white environment. Even those that wouldn't think of themselves as racist find protectionist and other mental excuses for justifying their beliefs.
                    I just moved from there. I never saw anything that would give me a second look. But it sure was on the news all the time. I guess it happens, but our family never experienced any sort of racism in our time there.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      I just moved from there. I never saw anything that would give me a second look. But it sure was on the news all the time. I guess it happens, but our family never experienced any sort of racism in our time there.
                      I didn't much either, I think because there was so little opportunity. But recently a friend praised the area enough for his Samoan neighbors to visit for vacation, and they ended up having a horrible experience (including getting their windshield smashed in) and a bunch of racial slurs thrown their way. Too bad, because it really is otherwise a fine place to live/visit.

Comment

Working...
                      X