Conditioning leather couches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditioning leather couches

I have a leather couch and love seat that are about 5 years old. The leather is the thick-beefy variety (no dick jokes please) as opposed to top grain leather. I guess what I have is called full grain leather.

IIRC, the tag on the couch when I was buying it said something about vegetable dyed. I'm not sure what that means. But the leather scratches easily, but the scratches also come out relatively easily. It's more difficult to scratch most top grain leather couches, but when you do it's more permanent.

Anyway, one of the leather sections on the loveseat (the section on top of one of the arms of the couch) is drying out. I'm not sure what to use to condition it. I've thought about mink oil, but I'm worried that might make the leather significantly darker in this one section. I'm wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with this.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Pick up some Lexol cleaner and their conditioner.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

I always thought that the best way to condition a leather couch is to play a lot of video games in the nude.

Comment

Hide Food if you can find it.

Comment

Working...
        X