Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASA's new mission: Honorable but misguided??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA's new mission: Honorable but misguided??

The new Administrator of the NASA program states his focus is to reach out to the Muslim nation in Science and Math etc..

I think that NASA is a great educational tool for students. However, are we even sure if Muslims even have an interest in us "helping" them in this area?

Overall, it seems NASA has been downgraded to some educational program rather than space exploration..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...emost-mission/

In a similar move, Nintendo plans on donating 100,000 Wii consoles to HIV orphans in Africa.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      The new Administrator of the NASA program states his focus is to reach out to the Muslim nation in Science and Math etc..

I think that NASA is a great educational tool for students. However, are we even sure if Muslims even have an interest in us "helping" them in this area?

Overall, it seems NASA has been downgraded to some educational program rather than space exploration..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...emost-mission/
      It's about jobs
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

They should consolidate and become an office of the State Department.

Comment

NASA just opened some exhibits at Thanksgiving Pointe.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            In a similar move, Nintendo plans on donating 100,000 Wii consoles to HIV orphans in Africa.
            I wouldn't call this totally misguided from a business prospective. Nintendo could write off the market value of these game consoles while their costs are much less. These consoles may be an older generation/revision or something that they can't really sell anyway. Their choice may be destroy the consoles and write the cost off as a loss or donate them. The orphanages could sell these consoles and raise money to buy life saving drugs.

The U.S. government $7B/year HIV relief program in Uganda is actually increasing the infection rate because they now have access to drugs that help people live with the virus:

The AIDS rate is inching back up, above six percent, because now that AIDS is no longer a death sentence people are getting more careless about spreading it. Sadly, the solution has become part of the problem.
            The U.S. alone can't afford to provide AIDS drugs for all these people and other wealthy countries are not stepping up to help. Now the U.S. will look like the bad guy if they pull out of this program. More of the money should have been spent on the prevention of spreading the virus. The $7B/year is not nearly enough even though it did help make the AIDS drugs less expensive.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
            X