Utah v. Florida rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah v. Florida rumors

Link to bleacher report article... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...in-their-sites

i would love to see the utes play the gators over the next few years when Wynn is a junior or senior. that would be a lot of fun to read the storylines about urban and kyle and the 2 different programs.

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Link to bleacher report article... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...in-their-sites

i would love to see the utes play the gators over the next few years when Wynn is a junior or senior. that would be a lot of fun to read the storylines about urban and kyle and the 2 different programs.
    I wouldn't want to do it your first year in the P12. Yeah the upside is huge, but the downside of starting the year off with a blowout loss then facing a slate of new conference foes could make for a really awful year.

(I think that 14 out of 15 years Oregon or BYU would be faced with a blowout loss at the Swamp vs. Florida. This has nothing to do with Utah.)
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I wouldn't want to do it your first year in the P12. Yeah the upside is huge, but the downside of starting the year off with a blowout loss then facing a slate of new conference foes could make for a really awful year.

(I think that 14 out of 15 years Oregon or BYU would be faced with a blowout loss at the Swamp vs. Florida. This has nothing to do with Utah.)
      I agree it could be a blowout, but the upside of fan excitement, the possiblity of playing a close game or even pulling out an unlikely win, being on national tv at a neutral nfl site... those things are exciting and i hope that the utes are able to get the chance during a year that they have a veteran QB with a fast and solid defense like the utes should have in 2 years.

Comment

Doesn't this just make you Ute fans furious? Urban wouldn't schedule you when you were a lowly MWC school because if Utah beat Florida he'd look like an idiot. If Florida won they only did what they were supposed to. High risk, no real reward.

Now if Florida beats Utah it beat a team from the vaunted Pac-12 conference. In reality, its the same team with the same coaching staff, etc.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Bleacher Report is not a news site. He spelled it "Ute's", for heaven's sake.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Now if Florida beats Utah it beat a team from the vaunted Pac-12 conference. In reality, its the same team with the same coaching staff, etc.
            I hadn't even thought about this. As a conference member Utah should avoid this game. We don't need the top of the SEC playing the middle of the Pac. Then the SEC crowd will just crow about the superior talent and speed of the SEC.

Utah should try and play Vandy or Ole Miss.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post

I want no part of a home/home with the Gators.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Funny how when talking to Ute fans you have to put in this disclaimer, they love to play the poor picked on little brother.
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                  You have nothing to worry about there. Florida hasn't played a non-bowl west Louisiana since LAUte and SU were infants.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Pussy.

Comment

I hadn't even thought about this. As a conference member Utah should avoid this game. We don't need the top of the SEC playing the middle of the Pac. Then the SEC crowd will just crow about the superior talent and speed of the SEC.

Utah should try and play Vandy or Ole Miss.
                      Yeah, Utes! Stick to Vandy or Ole Miss! You could never beat a top SEC team like Florida or Alabama!

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                        Yeah, Utes! Stick to Vandy or Ole Miss! You could never beat a top SEC team like Florida or Alabama!
                        When did Utah beat Florida? My apologies for missing it, I would have thought it would have been a bigger topic of conversation. Do you have a graph for it?
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

When did Utah beat Florida? My apologies for missing it, I would have thought it would have been a bigger topic of conversation. Do you have a graph for it?
                          "top SEC team like..."

Maybe, rather than finding a graph, if I find myself without a life of any kind and time on my hands, I'll show up to the SLC airport when you fly into town and put it on a poster and stand by the baggage claim area and try to get your attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                            Pussy.
                            We have a better schedule now with the Pac-10 schedule, no reason to make it unreasonably hard by playing in Florida. Plus, I don't want to have a game against the best coach in the country.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

We have a better schedule now with the Pac-10 schedule, no reason to make it unreasonably hard by playing in Florida. Plus, I don't want to have a game against the best coach in the country.
                              We already played a game against the best coach in the country and won.

You were probably worried sick about the Sugar Bowl and would have had the Utes back out of it if you had your way.

Where is your sense of greatness?

"The stars? The STARS!?!?!?!? Far too high. Let's, instead, shoot for the clouds. Maybe if we do that, we'll actually be able to grab the rim."

Are you sure you aren't David Locke? His opinion of what the U. was capable of was always much less than what it actually ended up accomplishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X