The thing about the MWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing about the MWC

I don't understand what the MWC's strategy is. For the league to be the best league possible, adding BSU was a good thing. Losing Utah was a bad thing. Ultimately, the exchange is a wash for football purposes. Far and away though, the best thing the MWC could do would be to drop a school. An 8 team league consisting of the current MWC minus the team with the lowest average ranking during the BCS qualifying period would be much stronger than the MWC would have been if they had held onto Utah or not picked up BSU. Since that is so obviously the case, why isn't that the primary plan?

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
    I don't understand what the MWC's strategy is. For the league to be the best league possible, adding BSU was a good thing. Losing Utah was a bad thing. Ultimately, the exchange is a wash for football purposes. Far and away though, the best thing the MWC could do would be to drop a school. An 8 team league consisting of the current MWC minus the team with the lowest average ranking during the BCS qualifying period would be much stronger than the MWC would have been if they had held onto Utah or not picked up BSU. Since that is so obviously the case, why isn't that the primary plan?
    I think the only way a MWC team can be forcibly removed from the conference is if they have committed multiple serious NCAA violations. They also could be removed by a unanimous vote, but no school would vote themselves out.
    "Not at the table Carlos"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal Cougar View Post
      I think the only way a MWC team can be forcibly removed from the conference is if they have committed multiple serious NCAA violations. They also could be removed by a unanimous vote, but no school would vote themselves out.
      That's too bad but it does explain why they haven't made the obvious step. The bottom of the MWC doesn't even try to field good programs in football. They should drop the sport.

Comment

That's too bad but it does explain why they haven't made the obvious step. The bottom of the MWC doesn't even try to field good programs in football. They should drop the sport.
        Hasn't Wyoming flirted with losing its D1 status for quite some time now?
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
          I think Wyoming is the prime example. They should become like Montana, they are much closer to Montana than Major College football.

Comment

I think Wyoming is the prime example. They should become like Montana, they are much closer to Montana than Major College football.
            BTW, how did the pokes get scheduled with longhorns? I am tempted to go to that game. Anyone else going to be there?
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The MWC is purgatory. Everyone there sees itself in a stopgap, waiting to be sent to heaven or hell. It needs to start defining itself as a destination conference that is here to stay. Adopt exist penalties, try to poach teams, etc.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                No

Wrong

BTW, CSU has the smallest athletic budget in the conference.
                Last edited by landpoke; 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM.
                There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                …
                Tomorrow is Saturday
                And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                  No

Wrong

BTW, CSU has the lowest athletic budget in the conference.
                  It always kills me that BYU fans are so hateful toward Wyoming. I think they're projecting. It also reflects their congenital blindness to a historical narrative not skewed to their peculiar world view. Wyoming has a fine football tradition. Indeed, but for a disastrous tactical blunder by Wyoming's coach in 1996 BYU's greatest season ever would today be just another ten win season ending in heartach. There is also matter of the Lloyd Eaton and the black 14; Wyoming fans must look at BYU ingrates and think that no "good deed" (I use the term advisedly here) goes unpunished.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I don't think BYU has demonstrated as much hate toward Wyoming as Kyle alone has.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      Indeed, but for a disastrous tactical blunder by Wyoming's coach in 1996 BYU's greatest season ever would today be just another ten win season ending in heartach.
                      One more loss would have made that a 13 win season.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        ATWSEIH is a euphamism for a typical BYU "successful" season It doesn't have to mean precisely ten wins.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          It always kills me that BYU fans are so hateful toward Wyoming. I think they're projecting. It also reflects their congenital blindness to a historical narrative not skewed to their peculiar world view. Wyoming has a fine football tradition. Indeed, but for a disastrous tactical blunder by Wyoming's coach in 1996 BYU's greatest season ever would today be just another ten win season ending in heartach. There is also matter of the Lloyd Eaton and the black 14; Wyoming fans must look at BYU ingrates and think that no "good deed" (I use the term advisedly here) goes unpunished.
                          We hate the 'pokes for so many reasons. One thing they love to do at home games vs. BYU is to urinate into containers (cups, balloons, etc) and then throw them at Mormon women and children. It's horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                            Also, there's a big shiny crystal ball in the Athletic center that suggests that 1996 wasn't BYU's best year.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Agree 100%. I think I've heard a 75% vote is required to boot someone. I doubt anyone has the guts to being it up. Wyoming has no business being in the conference.

Comment

Working...
                              X