Malosi Te'o transferring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malosi Te'o transferring?

Two guys at work this morning came up to me and told me he is transferring to Hawaii. I haven't seen or heard anything about this. Anyone know if this is true or not?
    "Take it to the Bank"

Transferring again? Must not have liked the move to LB.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

That's what I've heard too. It's going to hurt losing a 195 lb. LB.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        Two guys at work this morning came up to me and told me he is transferring to Hawaii. I haven't seen or heard anything about this. Anyone know if this is true or not?
        Saw it talked about over on CB and someone speculated it had something to do with a HC violation.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Saw it talked about over on CB and someone speculated it had something to do with a HC violation.
          I didn't see anything like that.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
            Rumor is that he is back home in Hawaii trying to decide what he is going to do, and he is supposedly leaning heavily towards staying in Hawaii and going to UH.
            "Not at the table Carlos"

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
              I didn't see anything like that.
              http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=5651037

Comment

If it is on Cougar Board then it must be true.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                  Any athlete that leaves BYU is going to have the speculation cloud hung over his head about HC violations. Truly unfortunate, but that is just another nice thing about the HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                    Where there's cabbage there's asparagus. Very famous CB idiom.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Any athlete that leaves BYU is going to have the speculation cloud hung over his head about HC violations. Truly unfortunate, but that is just another nice thing about the HC.
                      This is true. But how many transfers are indeed a result of an HC violation?
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        This is true. But how many transfers are indeed a result of an HC violation?
                        I don't know. My guess is fewer are a result of a violation than are a result of a violation. Just the same, there is the speculation out there.

How many times has a kid transferred or not signed and immediately you hear about his character or skills in school. Kaveinga is now at BYU and going on a mission, but he got roasted when he picked USC. Remember the Marquardt kid that transferred to ASU, he got roasted. I am not saying by the majority of fans, but that vocal minority who like to quote Prophets when they are confronted.

Comment

I don't know. My guess is fewer are a result of a violation than are a result of a violation. Just the same, there is the speculation out there.

How many times has a kid transferred or not signed and immediately you hear about his character or skills in school. Kaveinga is now at BYU and going on a mission, but he got roasted when he picked USC. Remember the Marquardt kid that transferred to ASU, he got roasted. I am not saying by the majority of fans, but that vocal minority who like to quote Prophets when they are confronted.
                          True. I am not defending the HC in anyway, or these idiot fans here. Just saying, that it's rare that a BYU athlete transfers because he is unhappy with playing time, position, coaches, or what have you. At least that I can think of off the top of my head.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            True. I am not defending the HC in anyway, or these idiot fans here. Just saying, that it's rare that a BYU athlete transfers because he is unhappy with playing time, position, coaches, or what have you. At least that I can think of off the top of my head.
                            Historically, relative to academics and HC issues, you are correct that it is infrequent.
                            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

KSL's Greg Wrubell:

BYU running back-turned-linebacker Malosi Te'o is living back home in Hawaii and it appears he may stay in the islands and not return to the Cougars. Word I get from Provo is that while Te'o has yet to make a final decision, he is considering walking on at the University of Hawaii.
                              I wonder when BYU will stop recruiting from the Te'o family.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X