30 year fixed mortgage rates down to 4.25% today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 year fixed mortgage rates down to 4.25% today

This is the lowest I have ever seen them. 15 year fixed 3.875%.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Would that I could refinance. My monthly payment on a 15-year would be less than my current payment on my 30-year.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Is there something that would prohibit someone from refinancing twice in a year?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Is there something that would prohibit someone from refinancing twice in a year?
        Closing costs?

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          No. Some lenders suggest you wait 6 months but that is not a requirement unless you have a prepayment penalty which I doubt you do.
          *Banned*

Comment

No. Some lenders suggest you wait 6 months but that is not a requirement unless you have a prepayment penalty which I doubt you do.
            But I do have an FHA loan. I can't remember what my current rate is, but its in the 4s. I believe I just rolled my closing costs into the new loan.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What is the ceiling before it is considered a Jumbo. I heard that the jumbo limit was rising, but I don't know that for certain.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

What is the FHA streamline rate? And is it possible to take streamline an FHA 30 year to a 15 year?
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

How many points is the 4.25%? I might be interested at that rate.
                  "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                  —Abraham Maslow

Comment

I've never been good at knowing when it is worth it...

If I owe $61k at 5.875%, would it be worth it to refinance?

Comment

Whoa, I just used a mortgage calculator, and it looks like it WOULD be worth it. My monthly payments would be significantly reduced and the length of the loan would also be reduced. Is it easy to refinance? I've never done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        What is the ceiling before it is considered a Jumbo. I heard that the jumbo limit was rising, but I don't know that for certain.
                        Anything over 417,000.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                          How many points is the 4.25%? I might be interested at that rate.
                          That is with no points.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                            What is the FHA streamline rate? And is it possible to take streamline an FHA 30 year to a 15 year?
                            You can stream an FHA from a 15 to a 30. Fha is at 4.5% right now if you pay your closing costs (or roll them in), it is at 4.75% for a no cost refi.

15 year FHA rates are at 4.25% no cost.
                            *Banned*

Comment

You can stream an FHA from a 15 to a 30. Fha is at 4.5% right now if you pay your closing costs (or roll them in), it is at 4.75% for a no cost refi.

15 year FHA rates are at 4.25% no cost.
                              What do you mean by 'no cost?' As in you can refinance for free? Does everyone do that? My mortgage is with Chase.

Comment

Working...
                              X