My last post on Pac 10 for a while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last post on Pac 10 for a while.

I want to acknowledge that this has been a rough week for cougar fans and I have been part of gleefully ribbing many of you about it. It is very exciting for those of us on the red side of the aisle. For the record, I think that BYU is a terrific school which has a great tradition, particularly in football. I hope it finds its way into the BCS or whatever the successor may be soon because it is deserving on the merits. BYU is going to be just fine and just like any year it will be a badge of honor if we can beat you this fall.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I have given anyone offense. Giddiness can rob you of your judgment just as much as bitterness can. You are all still my friends here and I really do hope that this change cools the ugly parts of the rivalry a bit. I definitely don't want to see the CB-ness of the last week bleed on into the future and into other forums and I hope we will all have it out of our systems soon. So I'm stopping anything remotely snarky both here and on CB before I contribute any further to a negative atmosphere. Maybe we can all take a deep breath this weekend (or maybe just I need to).

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    I want to acknowledge that this has been a rough week for cougar fans and I have been part of gleefully ribbing many of you about it. It is very exciting for those of us on the red side of the aisle. For the record, I think that BYU is a terrific school which has a great tradition, particularly in football. I hope it finds its way into the BCS or whatever the successor may be soon because it is deserving on the merits. BYU is going to be just fine and just like any year it will be a badge of honor if we can beat you this fall.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I have given anyone offense. Giddiness can rob you of your judgment just as much as bitterness can. You are all still my friends here and I really do hope that this change cools the ugly parts of the rivalry a bit. I definitely don't want to see the CB-ness of the last week bleed on into the future and into other forums and I hope we will all have it out of our systems soon. So I'm stopping anything remotely snarky both here and on CB before I contribute any further to a negative atmosphere. Maybe we can all take a deep breath this weekend (or maybe just I need to).
    And Facebook too? I don't want to have to look at the Ute tie anymore. :P

Comment

This was a very kind and thoughtful post, but the damage has been done.
      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        This was a very kind and thoughtful post, but the damage has been done.
        Want to hug it out?

Comment

I did enjoy the FB status from Super this week...

And I quote:

"Suck it BYU!"

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
            I did enjoy the FB status from Super this week...

And I quote:

"Suck it BYU!"

Ouch.
            How did I miss that?

Comment

patronizing BS. We don't need it.

Comment

No kidding. Total BS.

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                patronizing BS. We don't need it.
                Why do Utah fans feel the need to apologize for being happy over the events of the last week? (rhetorical question there ... I already know why). We all know BYU fans would feel the same way (justifiably so), and I've never heard a BYU fan apologize for anything its programs or teams accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                  Why do Utah fans feel the need to apologize for being happy over the events of the last week? (rhetorical question there ... I already know why). We all know BYU fans would feel the same way (justifiably so), and I've never heard a BYU fan apologize for anything its programs or teams accomplished.
                  Yep no need to apologize, I will not apologize when BYU kicks the shit out of Utah in both football and basketball for the next 10 years.
                  *Banned*

Comment

You must have been using real big words. If you were toying with my emotions, I missed it. If you want to get to me, use smaller words in the future.

Comment

Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Apology accepted. I think I have moved to the 5th stage.

Comment

I was so hurt that I am not sure if I can maintain my promise that if you and Super ever come to my house for dinner there won't be deep ass scratching before the food is prepared.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            I was so hurt that I am not sure if I can maintain my promise that if you and Super ever come to my house for dinner there won't be deep ass scratching before the food is prepared.

Comment

Working...
                            X