I'm confident rational thinking will return at some point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confident rational thinking will return at some point

But in the meantime, just realize that for us Cougar fans, this is a huge kick in the nads. No matter the rationalizing, expecting it, rumors, whatever, when it happened, it hurt, bad. Some may dispute this but it feels like the Utes jumped on the trail blazed by LaVell Edwards, passed us up, got to the end, and blew up the bridge to the promised land. For a guy like me who grew up in Pac-10 country, in the 80's, following the Cougars in the glory years, when it seemed like Pac-10 membership was inevitable, this REALLY REALLY stings. I am damn jealous and irrational about it, not question.

Sanity will return (I hope).
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
    But in the meantime, just realize that for us Cougar fans, this is a huge kick in the nads. No matter the rationalizing, expecting it, rumors, whatever, when it happened, it hurt, bad. Some may dispute this but it feels like the Utes jumped on the trail blazed by LaVell Edwards, passed us up, got to the end, and blew up the bridge to the promised land. For a guy like me who grew up in Pac-10 country, in the 80's, following the Cougars in the glory years, when it seemed like Pac-10 membership was inevitable, this REALLY REALLY stings. I am damn jealous and irrational about it, not question.

I went the other direction and bought a Pitt t-shirt and am currently constructing a rutimentary Tower of Babel. So this is what the 70's and 80's felt like for the Utes. This sucks.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

What does Bronco say?
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

FM, this is exactly how I feel. 100%. Great analogy.
        "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          What does Bronco say?
          Bronco says Utah and the Pac-12 both suck.
          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

I am interested to see how BYU fans are reacting, and can imagine that I would feel and react much the same way if the roles were reversed. For that reason, I have refrained from posting much. Not that I post much anyway, but there have been a few responses typed and then deleted because I just don't want to rub it in.

I hope this doesn't come across as patronizing or condescending. I am jubilant for my Utes, but really feel bad for the Cougar fans that I know.

Comment

Working...
            X