So what now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what now?

I'd love to see BYU in the B12, but I really doubt that happens. Cougar fans we're kidding ourselves if we think there won't be some sort of decline in BYU football. Sure, we may still get most of our recruits, but we'll be supplanted as the #1 program in the state from a fan interest level. Eventually it will have an impact.

Our best hope is for the MWC to get a BCS auto-bid. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'm not convinced it can't happen. There's pressure on the BCS and I think adding another bowl game is a possibility. If that happens the MWC should get an auto-bid, provided it is as attractive a conference as possible.

What we have going is three great programs in BYU, BSU, TCU, one decent program in AFA, and five crappy programs. Not much we can do about the crappy programs, but we could add the best available non-BCS programs west of the Mississippi to balance out the good to crappy ratio. A 12 team league with 3 more decent schools (Houston, SMU, UTEP, Fresno...I know, not exciting but the best available) and a championship game would be a step forward.

Then there's the TV deal...

But bottom line is we need to be proactive. Hair is not the guy to get this done, we need change at the top.
    "Remember to double tap"

Originally posted by venkman View Post
    I'd love to see BYU in the B12, but I really doubt that happens. Cougar fans we're kidding ourselves if we think there won't be some sort of decline in BYU football. Sure, we may still get most of our recruits, but we'll be supplanted as the #1 program in the state from a fan interest level. Eventually it will have an impact.

Our best hope is for the MWC to get a BCS auto-bid. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'm not convinced it can't happen. There's pressure on the BCS and I think adding another bowl game is a possibility. If that happens the MWC should get an auto-bid, provided it is as attractive a conference as possible.

What we have going is three great programs in BYU, BSU, TCU, one decent program in AFA, and five crappy programs. Not much we can do about the crappy programs, but we could add the best available non-BCS programs west of the Mississippi to balance out the good to crappy ratio. A 12 team league with 3 more decent schools (Houston, SMU, UTEP, Fresno...I know, not exciting but the best available) and a championship game would be a step forward.

But bottom line is we need to be proactive. Hair is not the guy to get this done, we need change at the top.
    One season does not a turnaround make, but I think you're going to be pleased by the strides a certain program, who will remain nameless, is making. 3 good plus two mediocre = BCS baby!
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Would those teams really get us closer to the BCS? My gut reaction reading Fresno on any potential MWC-invite list is that there's no need to add (to) a mediocre tier.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
        Would those teams really get us closer to the BCS? My gut reaction reading Fresno on any potential MWC-invite list is that there's no need to add (to) a mediocre tier.
        I think it does only from the perspective of the good to crappy ratio. 5 crappy teams in a 12 team conference is better than 5 crappy teams in a 9 team conference.

And landpoke, I still hold out hope for the Cowboys. With some additional benjamins in hand I think you guys could be dangerous. Or at least not shitty.
        "Remember to double tap"

Comment

I think it does only from the perspective of the good to crappy ratio. 5 crappy teams in a 12 team conference is better than 5 crappy teams in a 9 team conference.

And landpoke, I still hold out hope for the Cowboys. With some additional benjamins in hand I think you guys could be dangerous. Or at least not shitty.
          The athletes they're bringing in are light years ahead of what a certain middle finger giving former coach recruited. And there's a new oil boom occurring in SE Wyoming. The best is yet to come!
          There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
          Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
          And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Working...
          X