Anyone else jumping ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else jumping ship?

I'm out. I was out after Harvey Unga, but this double-taps it. Too hard to tie myself emotionally to an insitution whose insane policies effectively cut itself off at the knees. The LDS Church is moving BYU backward, not forward.

Do not weep for me. I'll spend more time on my damn xbox and maybe get into Real Salt Lake. I'll be fine. I will be happier.

Best of luck to the U. Sincerely.

Peace.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
      I'm out. I was out after Harvey Unga, but this double-taps it. Too hard to tie myself emotionally to an insitution whose insane policies effectively cut itself off at the knees. The LDS Church is moving BYU backward, not forward.

Do not weep for me. I'll spend more time on my damn xbox and maybe get into Real Salt Lake. I'll be fine. I will be happier.

I love you, man. I'm sorry we fought sometimes. Take care.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Okay, I'll give you my best tough-guy-BYU response a try:

Don't come back when we're in a BCS bowl game 2 years from now!!!
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

You're icon is already red. Come over to the dark side, there is plenty of room in the Utah tent.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
            You're icon is already red. Come over to the dark side, there is plenty of room in the Utah tent.
            But I hate you bastards.

Comment

But I hate you bastards.
              We can teach you hate better
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                plenty of room in the Utah tent.
                Everyone under the age of 30 in the Salt Lake Valley who has ever had a Mormon neighbor who didn't mow his lawn.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  I love you, man. I'm sorry we fought sometimes. Take care.
                  Don't apologize. We can still fight about Goldman Sachs.

Comment

I am not out...yet.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I promised myself I'd take a year break this football season because of the Harvey thing. Mock me, but it's my way to protest. I think it's really dirty what they did to him.

This really really hurts. I don't know what it will do to my long term fandom. I'm not a fair weather fan in the sense that if the team does poorly I won't be a fan. I need to know the institution is on board and deserving of my fanaticism, though. I get the feeling nobody above the AD level cares anymore.

Comment

I'm staying. I prayed last night and well, let's just say God has some wicked shit in store for the Utes. Never, never turn your back on the lords school. Payback is a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          I promised myself I'd take a year break this football season because of the Harvey thing. Mock me, but it's my way to protest. I think it's really dirty what they did to him.

This really really hurts. I don't know what it will do to my long term fandom. I'm not a fair weather fan in the sense that if the team does poorly I won't be a fan. I need to know the institution is on board and deserving of my fanaticism, though. I get the feeling nobody above the AD level cares anymore.
                          Its so ridiculous that BYU would boot a guy for getting his girlfriend pregnant for the 2nd time in 5 years. Seriously its unreal.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post

Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              Its so ridiculous that BYU would boot a guy for getting his girlfriend pregnant for the 2nd time in 5 years. Seriously its unreal.
                              Yes. That an institution of higher learning would even give a shit if its students are bumping uglies is asinine. As I have said before, let BYU educate, let bishops religicate.

Comment

Working...
                              X