A little late, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little late, but...

...I'm a little slow to warm up to folks. So I suppose the timing is about right now that I've been here a year or so.

How did you find CUF

You can blame HFN. He gave me the pill to send me down the rabbit hole.

What do you like about CUF

Some of the same things I dislike - like the fact that it is a little slower moving so I can actually do some work now and then without missing everything. Seems like folks are generally civil, but also able to speak their mind with little censoring. And maybe the fact that (in my view at least) censoring isn't really needed.

What don't I like about CUF?

Since I tend to check in now and then during slow moments at work, I hate the fact that I time out so quick and have to login again.

How did you choose your moniker?

I've told the story once before. A cross between a WWI flying ace and an Iron Maiden icon is the reader's digest version.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?

Social Work stuff. I've been in the child welfare field for the past 15 years or so - initially as a caseworker for kids in foster care, then doing child abuse investigations, then on to supervisory-type positions. Keeps me financially poor but feeling good about making a difference.

I enjoy the outdoors. Backpacking, hiking, fishing, hunting. Love to read. And being married with 4 kids takes up more than the time I have left.

How many States have you lived in?

Just two - Utah and Idaho. I've also lived in New Zealand and did the mission thing in Guatemala.

What are your sports loyalties?

BYU is foremost. NFL - I follow past Y players. I watched the 49er's when Steve Young was there, the Packers for Holmgreen, the Eagles have had a number of Y connections, and most recently Collie and Indy. Mostly I like football, and watch it all. NBA - no past Y players to follow. Being in Utah I suppose you could call me a Jazz fan, but not a strong one. I don't watch Hockey much, and just USA soccer. No baseball except for parts of the fall classic now and then.

What's your standing in the church?

They haven't kicked me out yet, and I keep going. I do have a calling, and some people think it is even a little bit of an important one. But my uncle calls a "throw away" calling and I tend to agree with him.

Do you pee in the sink?

I haven't. I suppose I may as I get older.

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?

Are you kidding? As they get older and I get my kids to try new foods I find that they like them and want more. I've gone from eating all of the good stuff myself to having to share. I've gone from picking up Wendy's chicken nugget kids' meals for them and cooking steak on the grill for me to grilling for everyone. It's gotten more expensive.

I can't afford to purchase their drugs too.

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?

I'm hoping for something about my favorite way to eat platanos. Deep fried? Pan fried? Boiled? Pureed to the consistency of a milkshake and drunk warm?

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?

I suppose I was born this way.

Thanks for the intro. Sounds like we have some common hobbies.

Originally posted by Eddie View Post

What don't I like about CUF?

Since I tend to check in now and then during slow moments at work, I hate the fact that I time out so quick and have to login again.
    I am not sure I understand this problem. Can someone enlighten me? I use the "Remember Me" option and I never have to sign in again.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

One more thing: How about if you and Eddie Jones duke it out and the loser has to get a different moniker? Kind of confusing as is.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

They haven't kicked me out yet, and I keep going. I do have a calling, and some people think it is even a little bit of an important one. But my uncle calls a "throw away" calling and I tend to agree with him.
        You have me intrigued - some say it is important, your uncle calls it a throw away...what is it?
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Thanks for the intro. Sounds like we have some common hobbies.

I am not sure I understand this problem. Can someone enlighten me? I use the "Remember Me" option and I never have to sign in again.

Apparently I need to use that little "remember me" option. I'm in the habit of not using it so that my kids can't login to every site I frequent (No - not THOSE sites - just the ones where they can order things I'll have to pay for later, etc.)

Comment

Welcome Eddie. I am pleased you chose the pellegrino-approved template to introduce yourself. I don't think you or Eddie Johnson should have to change your monikers. We have E and we have EJ, simple enough for me.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

I don't know that welcome is the right word, given that you were here before me, but maybe more like: Good to get to know you better
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Welcome. I prefer my platanos fritos and dipped in a little sugar.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                  Welcome Eddie. I am pleased you chose the pellegrino-approved template to introduce yourself. I don't think you or Eddie Johnson should have to change your monikers. We have E and we have EJ, simple enough for me.
                  Not quite simple enough, apparently. It is Eddie Jones.

If that typo was intentional, then bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    You have me intrigued - some say it is important, your uncle calls it a throw away...what is it?
                    Ward Janitor.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Welcome. I prefer my platanos fritos and dipped in a little sugar.
                      My favorite as well. With a little bit of cream.

Comment

My favorite as well. With a little bit of cream.
                        Simón!
                        Last edited by Donuthole; 05-26-2010, 04:05 PM.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Not quite simple enough, apparently. It is Eddie Jones.

If that typo was intentional, then bravo.
                          I was here first. Though EJ has nearly 3X the postings. Perhaps I need to figure out the "remember me" thing done - make me more likely to post and perhaps making it easier to differentiate between us...

Comment

Apparently I need to use that little "remember me" option. I'm in the habit of not using it so that my kids can't login to every site I frequent (No - not THOSE sites - just the ones where they can order things I'll have to pay for later, etc.)
                            If anyone can point me to some instructions on how to change the timeout period, I would be happy to change it. I did a little digging and can't find anything.

Comment

If anyone can point me to some instructions on how to change the timeout period, I would be happy to change it. I did a little digging and can't find anything.
                              I think the time out period can be dictated by the location that you are posting from. IOW, from my clinic, I do not time out unless I close the browser. At the hospital, it is about 10 minutes of inactivity.
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                              X