Confrontation between David Horowitz and a Muslim Student from UCSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confrontation between David Horowitz and a Muslim Student from UCSD

What are your thoughts of his question to her, and her response?

I think he saw that she had an agenda and he decided to flush at her true feelings and it worked..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSvyv0urTE"]YouTube- David Horowitz at UCSD 5/10/2010. Hosted by Young Americans for Freedom and DHFC[/nomedia]

It seems that she didn't foresee the problem of reconciling these two statements:

"How can you say that my group promotes terrorist activities?"

"I would prefer all Jews to be killed"

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      It seems that she didn't foresee the problem of reconciling these two statements:

Because she, like others of her ilk, are irrational and don't think. Perhaps she should have had someone write her speech for her and put it on a teleprompter.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

I missed it in the video... where did anyone say "I would prefer that all Jews be killed?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
          Because she, like others of her ilk, are irrational and don't think. Perhaps she should have had someone write her speech for her and put it on a teleprompter.
          I'm with you on the teleprompter thing. It always bugs me when people use teleprompters while giving a speech.

Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
            I missed it in the video... where did anyone say "I would prefer that all Jews be killed?"
            She agreed with the Horowitz's quote of the Hezbollah leader wanting to kill Jews.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

She says she is for Israel gathering together to be slaughtered. This girl reminds me of a number of arrogant, self-important people I've come across in law school that I wish I could just smack. I believe there is a reason they teach torts in your first semester.
              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                I'm with you on the teleprompter thing. It always bugs me when people use teleprompters while giving a speech.

Like I said. People of her ilk, are irrational. You are exhibit A. None of those you mentioned are afraid of answering tough questions in an open setting, unlike Obama. Nice try though. Even the press is getting tired of Obama's avoidance to questions.

Comment

you did?

Comment

To try and jump back on to the topic here.

She is saying yes, "I am for it" in the collection of all Jews in one location to be slaughtered...

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      To try and jump back on to the topic here.

She is saying yes, "I am for it" in the collection of all Jews in one location to be slaughtered...
                      she claims she didnt hear the whole question and was referring to something he said before that.

Comment

Ok, I watched the video again, and the girl did pick the least opportune moment to express her support of some of these pro-Palestinian groups.

The situation between Israel and Palestine is complex, and I would think that any American who appreciates the series of events that led up to and eventually became The American Revolutionary War, might be able to show a little bit of understanding for the people of Palestine. The situation that current Palestinian people find themselves in makes the conflict that sparked the American Revolution look like a trifle. The Palestinian territories are a massive refugee camp, where the population continues to grow while the physical territory continues to shrink. Basic rights of the stateless people are trampled on daily. There are good reasons for Palestinians to fight Israel, even if it is impossible to approve of the methods or rhetoric that some Palestinians employ. One needn't support every evil thing that is done in the name of that conflict in order to choose a side, but that is what Horowitz required the girl to do. It was an unfair question, and she was either too unskilled or too unprepared to defend herself well.

Comment

Ok, I watched the video again, and the girl did pick the least opportune moment to express her support of some of these pro-Palestinian groups.

The situation between Israel and Palestine is complex, and I would think that any American who appreciates the series of events that led up to and eventually became The American Revolutionary War, might be able to show a little bit of understanding for the people of Palestine. The situation that current Palestinian people find themselves in makes the conflict that sparked the American Revolution look like a trifle. The Palestinian territories are a massive refugee camp, where the population continues to grow while the physical territory continues to shrink. Basic rights of the stateless people are trampled on daily. There are good reasons for Palestinians to fight Israel, even if it is impossible to approve of the methods or rhetoric that some Palestinians employ. One needn't support every evil thing that is done in the name of that conflict in order to choose a side, but that is what Horowitz required the girl to do. It was an unfair question, and she was either too unskilled or too unprepared to defend herself well.
                          That is the understatement of the day(and given this day, that is saying something)
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I wish I knew how to respond to this. It is so far off point, that I'm not sure there is any point to responding.

The girl said something extra-ordinarily offensive and stupid. Why do you see the need to defend her by making strangely inapt comparisons to the American revolution?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                              she claims she didnt hear the whole question and was referring to something he said before that.
                              You have got to be joking.. There is NO WAY she did not know the question nor what she was responding too..

All that is just another declaration to her non-committal response and her true intentions.. She has just added more fuel to the fire by her claim.

Comment

Working...
                              X