Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasol

Does he represent the greatest disparity possible between inelegance and sheer productivity? An ugly basketball player in every sense who flat out gets it done. Even the name brings unpleasant associations. He's an inspiration!
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Does he represent the greatest disparity possible between inelegance and sheer productivity? An ugly basketball player in every sense who flat out gets it done. Even the name brings unpleasant associations. He's an inspiration!
    Sorry SU you are to old for a career in hoops.
    *Banned*

Comment

I see 3D left in a rage after I posted this. Is he going to ignore me too?
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Gasol is extremely skilled in both the high and low post and a very efficient offensive player. Acquiring him for garbage was certainly a major, major coup for the Lakers.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

My roommate calls him Gasshole.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Gasol is extremely skilled in both the high and low post and a very efficient offensive player. Acquiring him for garbage was certainly a major, major coup for the Lakers.
            He's like if Kurt Rambis scored a lot of points.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Skill he has, but a badass he's not. He's laughable every time he trys to play the tough guy routine in these games.
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                Skill he has, but a badass he's not. He's laughable every time he trys to play the tough guy routine in these games.
                well stated. He also grimaces like Danny Ainge on steroids.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  I see 3D left in a rage after I posted this. Is he going to ignore me too?
                  Ignore you? No way! A day without SU is like a night without stars.

I agree that Gasol is not hot, but he is a great power forward....very productive, decent post defender (definitely not great), and excellent.....outstanding passer. Also, he is a fairly solid shooter, esp for his size. Dude is a legit 7 footer and can hit 15 foot jumpers with relative ease.

He gets a lot of flack for his defense, but in fairness, he was playing at the 5 and out of position for the Lakers. I think he stood up to Perkins fairly well last night and it was Gasol that tipped Allen's final shot at the buzzer.

But the critics are correct...Gasol is never going to be a brute enforcer. He is too skinny for that.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    My roommate calls him Gasshole.
                    My sister calls him Poo Gashole. Lamar Odom is called Llama Odor in her world as well. My sister is weird.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Ignore you? No way! A day without SU is like a night without stars.

I agree that Gasol is not hot, but he is a great power forward....very productive, decent post defender (definitely not great), and excellent.....outstanding passer. Also, he is a fairly solid shooter, esp for his size. Dude is a legit 7 footer and can hit 15 foot jumpers with relative ease.

He gets a lot of flack for his defense, but in fairness, he was playing at the 5 and out of position for the Lakers. I think he stood up to Perkins fairly well last night and it was Gasol that tipped Allen's final shot at the buzzer.

But the critics are correct...Gasol is never going to be a brute enforcer. He is too skinny for that.
                      Watching Utah vs Dallas last night, I decided that Jason Kidd is the worst defender in the NBA and it is really not close. In fact a metal folding chair is a better defender than he is.
                      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        Watching Utah vs Dallas last night, I decided that Jason Kidd is the worst defender in the NBA and it is really not close. In fact a metal folding chair is a better defender than he is.
                        Kudos to you for watching that game. After we put the kids to bed, I turned the TV back on to see how that game was going. I think the score was something like 78-57 Jazz. In fact, a second after I turned it on, D-Will hit some sweet looking 3-point shot from about a foot or two behind the arc. I turned it back off, totally disinterested.

If there weren't such a massive gap in the standings between Phoenix and Minnesota, I would have said that Dallas could even miss the playoffs this year.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          My sister calls him Poo Gashole. Lamar Odom is called Llama Odor in her world as well. My sister is weird.
                          Good for her.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Are you talking about this guy?

Last edited by Hot Lunch; 02-06-2009, 09:30 AM.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Is there a reason nobody is talking about the game Pau Gasol played Thursday night? In a huge national TV game, he was clearly the best player: Gasol had 24 points,14 boards and only missed four shots, and he made every big play for L.A. down the stretch. Somehow, we aren't hearing a peep about him today.

Want to guess who had a hand in every point by the Lakers in the last four minutes last night? Would you like to know who shut down Boston's final two plays? Hint: It wasn't Kobe.

Gasol scored five straight points in overtime to keep the Lakers close, and his block of Glen Davis' jumper and subsequent streak up court was what forced Boston to foul Lamar Odom in the backcourt to save a layup. Odom hit the game-wining free throws and Gasol gets no credit for it in the box score, but that play was all him.

And of course, on the final jumper by Ray Allen, it was Gasol who came out hard to contest the shot and forced Allen into a harried miss at the buzzer.

All in all, I'd say he had a pretty good game for a guy who got virtually no attention for his efforts.
                              http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...Insider-090206
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X