Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming soon to a bank near you!

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/174631...ntry-work.aspx
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

I see no issues with prisoners having access to confidential banking information.

Another thought: Is this the last place to where we can outsource something? India work is cheap and the people are educated. Now we are going to give work to Indian prisoners who are educated. I guess we could still find cheaper labor in Chinese prisons where the inmates are not educated. Heck, the work there might even be free since they'd like to work as it will keep them away from the daily whippings.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
      I see no issues with prisoners having access to confidential banking information.

Another thought: Is this the last place to where we can outsource something? India work is cheap and the people are educated. Now we are going to give work to Indian prisoners who are educated. I guess we could still find cheaper labor in Chinese prisons where the inmates are not educated. Heck, the work there might even be free since they'd like to work as it will keep them away from the daily whippings.
      I've worked for 3 different companies that have utilized Indian outsourcing and all 3 had massive failures with those initiatives.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        I've worked for 3 different companies that have utilized Indian outsourcing and all 3 had massive failures with those initiatives.
        I've been an IT guy for 20 years. I could tell you at least that many stories like this (20, not 3). Sadly, there is one going on right now at my current company.
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

New fees for using debit cards...

The nation's beleaguered banking industry, which has been raising fees and doing away with free services, has a new target: debit-card users.

Bank of America Corp. is laying plans to charge millions of customers a $5 monthly fee to use their debit cards, and other big banks are expected to follow suit. The industry says it needs the fees to recoup revenue it will lose because of new government regulations taking effect Saturday that cap what they can charge merchants for debit-card transactions.

Bank of America, the largest U.S. bank by assets, disclosed the plan on Thursday in a memo to its senior staff. It intends to begin collecting the fees nationwide early next year.

Several other large banks, including J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Wells Fargo & Co., are testing or plan to test similar fees in some states. Regions Financial Corp., a Birmingham, Ala.-based lender, has said it will start charging a $4 monthly debit-card usage fee on certain accounts on Oct. 1.
          Maybe it is time to go back to the credit union.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Another Fed-induced delicacy.

I can't understand how PhDs in Econ don't even get a basic supply-demand curve:

Equilibrium point for mortgages rates is much higher than current ZIRP-induced 4-5% rates and thus supply is lacking.

If mortgage rates were higher, banks would be more willing to supply loans and we'd work our way out of this housing mess faster.

Of course, I only have a B.A. in econ from a 2nd tier school like BYU so what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              New fees for using debit cards...

Maybe it is time to go back to the credit union.
              Yeah. My bank did away with their debit rewards program to keep checking free. I am sure there will be a day shortly when that changes and then I'll probably go to a credit union.

What happens if you use your debit card as credit? Do you still get charged the $5 monthly fee? I always do that (did anyway, as that was how the rewards program awarded points). The only exception ever was Costco.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Yeah. My bank did away with their debit rewards program to keep checking free. I am sure there will be a day shortly when that changes and then I'll probably go to a credit union.

What happens if you use your debit card as credit? Do you still get charged the $5 monthly fee? I always do that (did anyway, as that was how the rewards program awarded points). The only exception ever was Costco.
                Why not just keep your cash under a mattress? You earn no interest anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                  Why not just keep your cash under a mattress? You earn no interest anyway...
                  Sure I do. 0.10% actually!
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Congress in their wisdom along with the Pres. pass reforms that sound good to the public while the wolf is still in bed with them passing around millions and billions.

Why do you think the big time speculators are still allowed to borrow their asses off and lose tons. It is because Joe blow doesn't understand how it affects his wallet and besides those guys greese the palms of the dems and repubs, especially the New Yorkee's like Schumer.

Comment

Quit all your whining and pay the $5 for your debit card! It's for the greater good.

Comment

Is the era of free checking accounts over?
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                        X