Embarrassing.

deets?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      What the hell was that?

Embarrassing.
      I googled Mendehall+powerpoint+success and found this. It's unbelievable what a pretentious dork that guy is.

http://www.organizationdesign.com/a_03_27_2005.html
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        I googled Mendehall+powerpoint+success and found this. It's unbelievable what a pretentious dork that guy is.

Bronco's famous for his powerpoints, but the one I'm referring to was the video clip on byucougars.com of his state of the program address.

Comment

Bronco's famous for his powerpoints, but the one I'm referring to was the video clip on byucougars.com of his state of the program address.
          Quick thoughts:

1. didnt like his tie
          2. don't like button-down collars
          3. camera work sucked
          4. that is a sweet ppt background. I would fire that up on a normal client presentation, easy.
          5. It is clear that Bronco is feeling the heat and hears the complaints. I am glad that he is adressing this. His points are accurate...3 ten-win seasons in a row, he is operating on a high level and on par with pretty much anything LaVell accomplished. He is producing consistency. Now he has to figure out a way to peak every now and then at a higher level. Nobody is expecting Bronco to bust the BCS every season, but he needs to do it at least once.

We're Not Afraid!
          We Expect to Win!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Quick thoughts:

1. didnt like his tie
            3. camera work sucked
            4. that is a sweet ppt background. I would fire that up on a normal client presentation, easy.
            5. It is clear that Bronco is feeling the heat and hears the complaints. I am glad that he is adressing this. His points are accurate...3 ten-win seasons in a row, he is operating on a high level and on par with pretty much anything LaVell accomplished. He is producing consistency. Now he has to figure out a way to peak every now and then at a higher level. Nobody is expecting Bronco to bust the BCS every season, but he needs to do it at least once.

We're Not Afraid!
            We Expect to Win!
            30 wins over weak sisters (except a couple I can think of).
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

There she goes....there she goes right now!
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                Quick thoughts:

1. didnt like his tie
                3. camera work sucked

We're Not Afraid!
                We Expect to Win!
                My impression: he's overly defensive and shows zero confidence in himself and the program. He's way overselling it and it's embarrassing. Maybe it's just poor presentation skills.

His entire demeanor says: My team tanked last year, I just got my ass kicked recruiting, and there's little hope it's going to get better any time soon.

Comment

My impression: he's overly defensive and shows zero confidence in himself and the program. He's way overselling it and it's embarrassing. Maybe it's just poor presentation skills.

His entire demeanor says: My team tanked last year, I just got my ass kicked recruiting, and there's little hope it's going to get better any time soon.
                  Well, i agree that he is spinning, but what else can he say? He just had to let his best recruit go because of a stupid DUI. He is hamstrung by the honor code and can only improve the team so much.

The Anschluss is over. Bronco has been fully assimilated. Conf championships and bowl invites are the goal and the bar at BYU. Always has been, always will be. Sad, but true.

sigpic

Comment

First of all you must not being following the program very closely if you are surprised that he is overly defensive. He has always been this way. Also you must not follow many other programs if you dont think that other coaches are doing the exact same thing.

By the way this on paper is the best recruiting class BYU has had in his tenure so I wouldnt call that an ass kicking.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      First of all you must not being following the program very closely if you are surprised that he is overly defensive. He has always been this way. Also you must not follow many other programs if you dont think that other coaches are doing the exact same thing.

By the way this on paper is the best recruiting class BYU has had in his tenure so I wouldnt call that an ass kicking.
                      i actually didnt sense that he was overly defensive. in fact, i didnt sense that he was defensive at all. he was simply giving a SOTU address. pretty standard.

Mitch Kupchak does this every off-season for the season ticket holders. The Lakers have not won a title since the three-peat, so we are now going on 6 or 7 seasons. Laker fans are getting antsy and impatient. Mitch focus on positive highlights, new developments, etc..it is pretty much spin 101. that is what coaches do at these types of events.

There is a time for Bronco to be self-depricating and honest about the state of things and a time for him to step back and reflect on the big picture. I see a place at the table for both.

sigpic

Comment

I agree. BYU is doomed. Mark it down!

I love Jay and Archaea's insight.
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          I agree. BYU is doomed. Mark it down!

I love Jay and Archaea's insight.
                          I might not have thought anything was wrong at all until I saw the clip.

Comment

Working...
                          X