"The Univers" - History Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Univers" - History Channel

Anyone watch this program on the History Channel? It is pretty fascinating. Listening to the current scientific explanations of our universe, how it began, how it functions, and matching it up with the gospel...is always fun.

Anyway, one of the approaches to explaining the universe, is "parallel universes". They point out the fact that there are billions and billions of universes, with even more potential life inhabiting planets etc... Well, in these "parallel universes" it throws forth the idea that for every decision we make, we essentially "split" into a parallel universe.

So..what if you didn't marry your wife? What if you didn't take that job? What if you took those drugs? What if you climbed out on that cliff and slipped? ...etc.

Yes, in some universes you would be dead. Some, you would be a multi-billioniaire. Some, a drug addict in the street gutter, etc. Quite mind boggling when you think about it.

And then, when all that collective knowledge is put together in the end for one person....you could pretty much know the end from the beginning for almost any/all kinds of decisions. Made me think.....
    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.
Working...
X