Waistline vs. Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waistline vs. Height

As I stepped out of ths shower this morning, She Who Must Be Obeyed approached with a tape measure--never a good sign. She had been watching Dr. Oz who had just informed Oprah's viewers that a man's waistline should be no more than one-half his height. Crap. He also mentioned that men rarely buy or wear pants with a waist size that reflect reality. Rather, the belt simply drops lower and lower with age.

Anyway, I measured in at 1/2 inch above the recommendation, but I assured the missus if she'd give me a few seconds, I could expel some gas of Hindenburg proportions and bring it in under budget. She was gone in an instant.

So where are you, above or below the line?

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    As I stepped out of ths shower this morning, She Who Must Be Obeyed approached with a tape measure--never a good sign. She had been watching Dr. Oz who had just informed Oprah's viewers that a man's waistline should be no more than one-half his height. Crap. He also mentioned that men rarely buy or wear pants with a waist size that reflect reality. Rather, the belt simply drops lower and lower with age.
    May I just say that I absolutely love your wife?

Comment

I am just a tad below, meaning that the circumference of my waistline is about 2-3 inches below my height, both being measured in inches.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I am under by an inch and a half. I wear 36" pants, but they all sit a bit loose on me. A 34, however, is just a bit tight. So I'm calling myself a 35. I can only hope to be merely a half inch over by the time I'm a near empty nester.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

As I stepped out of ths shower this morning, She Who Must Be Obeyed approached with a tape measure--never a good sign.
          I'm afraid if my wife did this she would be in making sure I measured up with the average guy out there.

Comment

I'm a fatty. 3.5" over.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              I'm afraid if my wife did this she would be in making sure I measured up with the average guy out there.
              How would she know what the average guy out there measures?
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                How would she know what the average guy out there measures?
                You wouldn't believe what all you learn on Oprah.

Comment

Waistline 2 to 3 inches below height/2.

Is it OK if your waistline is OK, but your stomach hangs over your waist? I love the guys that are determined to fit into their 34 waistline pants, to the point that they wear their pants halfway down their butt.

Comment

As I stepped out of ths shower this morning, She Who Must Be Obeyed approached with a tape measure--never a good sign. She had been watching Dr. Oz who had just informed Oprah's viewers that a man's waistline should be no more than one-half his height.
                    I wonder if Dr. Oz pointed out that the HW ratio is supposed to be used in conjunction with BMI to try to get a better picture of overall body mass. Used alone, any one of these numbers is generally not very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      I wonder if Dr. Oz pointed out that the HW ratio is supposed to be used in conjunction with BMI to try to get a better picture of overall body mass. Used alone, any one of these numbers is generally not very useful.
                      Please ignore Little Miss Cant Be Wrong, everyone. Yesterday she similarly rained on my parade when I asked her to pick a college hat for football.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Please ignore Little Miss Cant Be Wrong, everyone.
                        You know, things would be a whole lot easier if you left town.

All I MEANT was, it's not necessarily indicative of anything if somebody doesn't fit these kinds of guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          You know, things would be a whole lot easier if you left town.

All I MEANT was, it's not necessarily indicative of anything if somebody doesn't fit these kinds of guidelines.

sigpic

Comment

Two inches over, but I carry it well with the help of baggy sweats and serapes.
                            There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                            Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
                            And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              Yes, you can imagine my relief when she said it was my waist she wanted to measure.

This reminds me of a good friend who had his appendix removed a few years ago. The surgeon said he'd never seen an appendix so large, as it was nearly 9" long. Quoth my friend, "The doc said it should have been 2". I apparently get everything backwards."

Comment

Working...
                              X