Book Club Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Club Gone

We have moved all of the threads from the Book Club into the Critic's Corner and deleted the Book Club forum. We have been discussing this for a while and decided to pull the trigger.

Warm regards,

The CUF Executive Committee
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I was going to complain until I saw the warm regards.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Speaking of the critics corner and CUF practices, I would like to see the "Latest movie you've seen thread" abolished and go back to the practice of starting a different thread for each movie.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        Speaking of the critics corner and CUF practices, I would like to see the "Latest movie you've seen thread" abolished and go back to the practice of starting a different thread for each movie.
        I think for that you can act unilaterally.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          I think for that you can act unilaterally.
          I think he is hoping that others will do so as well.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            I was going to complain until I saw the warm regards.
            lol. Personally, I was disappointed the regards were only warm and not warmest.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
              lol. Personally, I was disappointed the regards were only warm and not warmest.
              Sheesh. Tough crowd.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Sheesh. Tough crowd.
                cheers!

Comment

Now, for the sake of symmetry, lets move The Gym up to the sports section, and rethink of the 'sports' section as the 'athletics' section. Heaven knows that personal cycling isn't any more of a sport than is personal running.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Sheesh. Tough crowd.
                    Meh, some people like to whine just to hear the sound of the voice in their head.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                      Heaven knows that personal cycling isn't any more of a sport than personal running.
                      Might I suggest you edit this post before the monkey gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        just to hear the sound of the voice in their head.
                        only one?

Comment

Might I suggest you edit this post before the monkey gets here.
                          I did edit it. I added an 'is' before the words "personal running." You can see the difference between the version you quote, and my edited version. It sounds better in my ear with the extra 'is,' but I'm not sure that it is grammatically necessary. Maybe you can answer that question. Either way, I doubt such a quibble would bother Creekster. I'm surprised you think it would.
                          Last edited by RobinFinderson; 05-10-2010, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                            I did edit it. I added an 'is' before the words "personal running." You can see the difference between the version you quote, and my edited version. It sounds better in my ear with the extra 'is,' but I'm not sure that it is grammatically necessary. Maybe you can answer that question. Either way, I doubt such a quibble would bother Creekster. I surprised you think it would.
                            On the contrary, creekster (never capitalized) takes his orthography almost as seriously as he takes his cycling.

Comment

On the contrary, creekster (never capitalized) takes his orthography almost as seriously as he takes his cycling.
                              Crap! I'm in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X