The problem with Utah's class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with Utah's class

Not enough two stars. If you look at history, Alex Smith, BJ, Freddie Brown, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith, Morgan Scally, all the biggest stars, have been two stars.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Don't worry. The Utes have a few over-rated 3-stars to compensate.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Check this out:

http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

It's like staring at the milky way.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Check this out:

http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

It's like staring at the milky way.
        That is impressive...but fwiw, even in my condition (though still sexy, don't get me wrong), I would get 2 stars for committing to Texas. If Texas is willing to offer you a schollie, you are automatically awarded 2 stars...if you are actually somewhat decent, that moves to 3 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
          That is impressive...but fwiw, even in my condition (though still sexy, don't get me wrong), I would get 2 stars for committing to Texas. If Texas is willing to offer you a schollie, you are automatically awarded 2 stars...if you are actually somewhat decent, that moves to 3 stars.
          Hmmm.... Let's look at the QB they signed:

http://www.maxpreps.com/texas/footba...=,local,player

51 passing TD's with 5 INT's. 21 rushing TD's (memo to Robin: that's a lot)

Led his team to undefeated season. 4A state champs (none of that wimpy california district stuff in Texas). His Jr. year numbers were similar.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Hmmm.... Let's look at the QB they signed:

http://www.maxpreps.com/texas/footba...=,local,player

51 passing TD's with 5 INT's. 21 rushing TD's (memo to Robin: that's a lot)

Led his team to undefeated season. 4A state champs (none of that wimpy california district stuff in Texas). His Jr. year numbers were similar.
            Wow. He is a keeper. In fact, there are very few QBs rated higher than that guy. Yes....very, very few......

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Wow. He is a keeper. In fact, there are very few QBs rated higher than that guy. Yes....very, very few......
              LOL. Yeah, the kid headed to USC. Let's hope he goes all Ben Olsen on you.

Comment

Doesn't all this confirm that in terms of teaching the game and bringing players to their potential, particularly on the defense side, Kyle Whittingham is unsurpassed? Seriously, if you're an unsung 2-3 star kid Utah is the place to go to maximize your chances of making it at the next level. You could say that about 4-5 stars for that matter.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

LOL. Yeah, the kid headed to USC. Let's hope he goes all Ben Olsen on you.
                  You want Matt Barkley to join the LDS Church and get married in the temple? Why, Jeff, you really are a class act!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X