A suspect was just arrested in the NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suspect was just arrested in the NY

attempted bombing. He is an American of Pakistani decent. I am still not sure he isn't a right wing nut case as I think some left wing pundits were hoping.

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    attempted bombing. He is an American of Pakistani decent. I am still not sure he isn't a right wing nut case as I think some left wing pundits were hoping.
    Why can't people just be nutcases? Nowadays they have to be either left-wing or right-wing.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
      Why can't people just be nutcases? Nowadays they have to be either left-wing or right-wing.
      Good question. I feel bad now I took a swipe at lefties. I am better than that.

Comment

They caught him quick. Wonder if this gives credibility to the Taliban in Pakistan's claim or responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          They caught him quick. Wonder if this gives credibility to the Taliban in Pakistan's claim or responsibility.
          Is it the same dude that was taking his shirt off on camera? I thought that guy was white though.

Edit: looks like its not the mystery shirt changer.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I bet Bloomberg and Couric are enjoying that egg on their face this morning...

Link:
            http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-b...d-about-obamac

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              I bet Bloomberg and Couric are enjoying that egg on their face this morning...

Link:
              http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-b...d-about-obamac
              Not sure why Couric would have egg on her face. She didn't say it. Bloomberg is an idiot to speculate anything about terrorist plots before the facts are known.

That being said, my trip to NY should be much safer given that security will be on high alert and thus I doubt anyone will be looking to put a bomb in times square anytime soon.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

They got the wrong guy. I'm pretty sure the true culprit a Mexican who was here illegally. My sources can't be wrong.
                sigpic
                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                  They got the wrong guy. I'm pretty sure the true culprit a Mexican who was here illegally. My sources can't be wrong.
                  I highly doubt it. I don't think undocumented Mexicans get that far north. Now, undocumented Latino, possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                    Not sure why Couric would have egg on her face. She didn't say it. Bloomberg is an idiot to speculate anything about terrorist plots before the facts are known.

That being said, my trip to NY should be much safer given that security will be on high alert and thus I doubt anyone will be looking to put a bomb in times square anytime soon.
                    Couric: She may not have egg, but I tend to think she would not of put him on if she didn't know he was going in that direction.. She interviews people, and I think she saw an opportunity...

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      Couric: She may not have egg, but I tend to think she would not of put him on if she didn't know he was going in that direction.. She interviews people, and I think she saw an opportunity...
                      So, after an attempted terrorist attack in NYC, Couric would refuse to put the mayor of NYC on air if he did not lead the discussion in the direction her political bias pointed?

I find that just a little difficult to believe.

Comment

I highly doubt it. I don't think undocumented Mexicans get that far north. Now, undocumented Latino, possibly.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I think they will catch who did this. It is so amateurish in execution that it makes me doubt that the perpetrator is smart enough to cover his tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            I feel guilty for liking this picture so much.
                            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              I think they will catch who did this. It is so amateurish in execution that it makes me doubt that the perpetrator is smart enough to cover his tracks.
                              You really went out on a limb there Dan in a thread titled "a suspect was just arrested in the NY bombing". It seems clear though that when it comes to terrorists the best and brightest are working in Iraq and Afghanistan right now. The last several attempts stateside have been so poor as to almost be comical. First a guy accomplishes nothing but blowing his own genitals off and now this guy seems to have made a home depot run with no clue how to ignite the stuff (and also no clue that the VIN is in more than one location).

Comment

Working...
                              X