Clear All

• BYU signees

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=11757

So far we have:

Jordan Atkinson
    Remington Peck
    Terry Alleto
    Fono Vakalahi

Two centers, a TE and a JC LBer. Is Atkinson a worthwhile get? He sounds like he was going to be a Cougar given his history/family tradition... can he contribute?

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    [url]http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=11757[/url}
    Two centers, a TE and a JC LBer. Is Atkinson a worthwhile get? He sounds like he was going to be a Cougar given his history/family tradition... can he contribute?
    Remington Peck will likely end up playing DE or OLB.

I have no idea in regards to Atkinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=11757

Is Atkinson a worthwhile get? He sounds like he was going to be a Cougar given his history/family tradition... can he contribute?
      I watched Atkinson's highlight film and I was not impressed at all. He looked slow. Only made plays when he was not blocked or accounted for. When I say not blocked, he didn't put moves on the guy to make him miss, they just didn't account for him at the line.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        I watched Atkinson's highlight film and I was not impressed at all. He looked slow. Only made plays when he was not blocked or accounted for. When I say not blocked, he didn't put moves on the guy to make him miss, they just didn't account for him at the line.
        yeah, but he loves BYU and dreamed of playing here. First criteria.

Comment

I follow recruiting somewhat, but I don't remember hearing of this kid till today,

Brad Wilcox
          Offensive Line
          6-7, 265
          Edmond, Okla.
          North HS

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
            I follow recruiting somewhat, but I don't remember hearing of this kid till today,

Brad Wilcox
            Offensive Line
            6-7, 265
            Edmond, Okla.
            North HS
            He is ranked very high on ESPN, a top 20 Offensive tackle. But on Scout and Rivals he is a 2 star project.

Also speaking of lineman, Xavier Su'a Filo may wait to announce his decision. This kid truly has no idea what to do, I have a feeling he is fighting the spirit that is telling him to attend BYU.
            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
              Can you please just get over your JC bias.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                He is ranked very high on ESPN, a top 20 Offensive tackle. But on Scout and Rivals he is a 2 star project.

Also speaking of lineman, Xavier Su'a Filo may wait to announce his decision. This kid truly has no idea what to do, I have a feeling he is fighting the spirit that is telling him to attend BYU.
                His dad would kick him out of the house if he signed with BYU.

Comment

What's the best website to follow these signees as the come in?
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    What's the best website to follow these signees as the come in?
                    www.byucougars.com
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

If he goes to USC, god bless him and god speed. It's a great school in every way. It would be hard to argue with that. If he signs with BYU I will only pity him. Maybe he should get away from all these well meaning grown ups and go to USC.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post

Brad Wilcox
                        Offensive Line
                        6-7, 265
                        Edmond, Okla.
                        North HS
                        I can hardly wait to hear him at the firesides. "Pass-blocking is like an apple . . ."
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          If he signs with BYU I will only pity him.
                          It strengthens my soul to know that one man can have so much pity for so many. You are an inspiration, and don't let anybody else tell you differently.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            It strengthens my soul to know that one man can have so much pity for so many. You are an inspiration, and don't let anybody else tell you differently.
                            I'm only here to help people. That should be clear.

FWIW, if I were an authority figure to X, I'd urge him to sign with Stanford. I don't know why anyone recruited by Stanford doesn't go there.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              I'm only here to help people. That should be clear.

FWIW, if I were an authority figure to X, I'd urge him to sign with Stanford. I don't know why anyone recruited by Stanford doesn't go there.
                              I don't either.
                              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                              X