X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOI Day Predictions

Manti: USC
    X: Utah

Also, if the signings start getting announced at noon, I predict that at about 11:35, we will start hearing about all kinds of "inside info" from people on CB and TBS, way ahead of everyone else. Of course, this info will be 85% certain.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Also, if the signings start getting announced at noon, I predict that at about 11:35, we will start hearing about all kinds of "inside info" from people on CB and TBS, way ahead of everyone else. Of course, this info will be 85% certain.
    Is noon a new time for them to send them in? I thought in the past it was something around 9:00 local time that they could send them.

Comment

Bold prediction:

Manti: Notre Dame
      X: UCLA

One of BYUs commits will not fax in a letter of intent in a timely manner and CB will go berserk and someone will say that he is waiting until he gets out of school and they will calm down for a minute, and then after school is out it still wont come and they will go nuts again. Someone will say that he is announcing on a local TV station and all will be calm, until he starts eliminating hats and picks Purdue.
      Last edited by cougjunkie; 02-04-2009, 07:48 AM.
      *Banned*

Comment

I've been a Ute fan for far too long...

to believe that a high profile recruit that is wavering is going to sign with Utah.

I do not think X signs with Utah.

I think he is doing everything he can to help his coach get a college coaching job.

ESPN is now saying he may not announce tomorrow.

If he does, he won't be wearing a Utah hat, IMO.

Although, if he does sign with Utah, hooray.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

I think it's 7:00 a.m. (maybe 8:00 a.m.) local time that they can be faxed in. The first couple of hours, there's a flurry of LOI's, tapering off a bit. Then the ones from Hawaii come in later in the morning.
          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

What's the big deal with LOI day? (When is it, anyway? Tomorrow?) Is it the last day recruits can sign LOI's, or is it just the traditional date that they do it?
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
              What's the big deal with LOI day? (When is it, anyway? Tomorrow?) Is it the last day recruits can sign LOI's, or is it just the traditional date that they do it?
              You see, when you live your life vicariously through 18-24 year old college kids their every move takes on the utmost importance.

(It's the first day they can sign, btw.)
              There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
              Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
              …
              Tomorrow is Saturday
              And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                You see, when you live your life vicariously through 18-24 year old college kids their every move takes on the utmost importance.

(It's the first day they can sign, btw.)
                Ok, that's makes sense. So the guys who have "committed" to BYU have only promised to send LOI's in tomorrow?
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Ok, that's makes sense. So the guys who have "committed" to BYU have only promised to send LOI's in tomorrow?
                  I can't speak for BYU, for all I know your players commit by ritualistically eating a baby. At Wyoming they start faxing tomorrow.
                  There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                  Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                  …
                  Tomorrow is Saturday
                  And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Manti: BYU
                    X: BYU

Trust me on this one.

Comment

Some of them also did the dance.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Manti: BYU
                        X: BYU

Trust me on this one.

I say Manti to BYU. I think it was just a miscommunication on the recruiting beer party thing, and since Doman went out to clear that up, I fully expect him to sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                          to believe that a high profile recruit that is wavering is going to sign with Utah.

I do not think X signs with Utah.

I think he is doing everything he can to help his coach get a college coaching job.

ESPN is now saying he may not announce tomorrow.

If he does, he won't be wearing a Utah hat, IMO.

Although, if he does sign with Utah, hooray.
                          He's not wavering anymore, and will sign with Utah. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't take my word for it though.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            Bold prediction:

Manti: Notre Dame
                            X: UCLA

One of BYUs commits will not fax in a letter of intent in a timely manner and CB will go berserk and someone will say that he is waiting until he gets out of school and they will calm down for a minute, and then after school is out it still wont come and they will go nuts again. Someone will say that he is announcing on a local TV station and all will be come, until he starts eliminating hats and picks Purdue.
                            actually, both are completely possible.

There are some worrywarts on wearesc that have manti and X going to Notre Dame together.

I give SC the nod for Manti simply because he was just there, but anything is possible.

I would hope that if X came out to the coast, he would go to SC.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

As usual, Texas will sign a top three recruiting class; but as usual, Texas will inexplicably fail to win their conference. Or even their division.

keeheehee.

Comment

Working...
                              X