Ohio State's Spring Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State's Spring Game

This past Saturday was tOSU's Spring Game. The family spent the 5 bucks a piece to enjoy the game. We had nice 50 yard line seats in the front row of the B sections (So we had cover in case it rained, which it did).

The team looked pretty solid. Pryor marched down the field for 80 yards in 3 to 4 plays for a TD. He looked good. The backup Bauserman to me was out played by Kenny Guiton (Texas freshman recruit 6'3 180). He has a good arm and is just as mobile as Pryor.

Brandon Saine looked tough and for the life of me I still do not understand why they do not use him as the starter or more carries. Last year he had the most ypc then any other RB. At the spring game it only proved my point that I think he is better then Dan Boom Heron.

The Stadium had over 65,000 people on hand (More than I expected due to the rain).

The Defense looks tough, and having Cameron Heyward is a stud (SO GLAD he chose to stay for his senior year).. The LBer's did not miss a beat and will be tough (Rolle, Holman, etc). This team reminds me of the 2002 team. They have one superstar surrounded by a very solid group of players. The defense looks to be just as tough as last year..

Sorry, my camera broke or I would have some good photos for ya.. Next time..
    Last edited by dabrockster; 04-27-2010, 06:28 AM.

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    This past Saturday was tOSU's Spring Game. The family spent the 5 bucks a piece to enjoy the game. We had nice 50 yard line seats in the front row of the B sections (So we had cover in case it rained, which it did).

The team looked pretty solid. Pryor marched down the field for 80 yards in 3 to 4 plays for a TD. He looked good. The backup Bauserman to me was out played by Kenny Guiton (Texas freshman recruit 6'3 180). He has a good arm and is just as mobile as Pryor.

Brandon Saine looked tough and for the life of me I still do not understand why they do not use him as the starter or more carries. Last year he had the most ypc then any other RB. At the spring game it only proved my point that I think he is better then Dan Boom Heron.

The Stadium had over 65,000 people on hand (More than I expected due to the rain).

The Defense looks tough, and having Cameron Heyward is a stud (SO GLAD he choice to stay for his senior year).. The LBer's did not miss a beat and will be tough (Rolle, Holman, etc). This team reminds me of the 2002 team. They have one superstar surrounded by a very solid group of players. The defense looks to be just as tough as last year..

Sorry, my camera broke or I would have some good photos for ya.. Next time..
    I saw part of this on the Big Ten Network. Unbelievable crowd. I really wish Bronco would work towards building something like that. At least in the 15-20k range for attendance.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      I saw part of this on the Big Ten Network. Unbelievable crowd. I really wish Bronco would work towards building something like that. At least in the 15-20k range for attendance.
      Columbus is a City unto it own. All it has is Ohio State sports and Blue jackets (Which have floundered since inception). With that and a fairly uneventful Spring weekend. It usually brings the fans out. They are good at one thing. Supporting their team.

Comment

Added note: The teams wore pink colors added to their jersey's in honor of Breast Cancer and to show support to Chris Spielman who lost his wife to cancer this past January.

For the Half-time show they had Chris and his 4 kids be recognized (Along with his past wife Stephanie) for their foundation, and the proceeds of the spring game went to her foundation. In addition the jersey's were auctioned off and all the fund raised will be given to the Stephanie Spielman Breast Cancer Foundation.

You could see how hard it was for Chris and his kids. The kids seemed to have held up better than Chris. He had to bite his tongue and chomp on his gum to keep from getting emotional. He has a wonderful family.

It has been a rough year for him. he lost his father and wife all in the same year.. He is by far a guy I respect. He is a very devoted Husband, father and son...
        Last edited by dabrockster; 04-27-2010, 06:47 AM.

Comment

If BYU actually held a spring game they would get 15-20k. They got 10k for a practice.
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            If BYU actually held a spring game they would get 15-20k. They got 10k for a practice.
            Do they not have the Blue & White Game?? Do they not have a spring game anymore?

Comment

Do they not have the Blue & White Game?? Do they not have a spring game anymore?
              Last year's was called off due to the installation of the new field in the stadium. This year because of low number of linemen due to missions/injury/graduation. At least those were the stated excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                Last year's was called off due to the installation of the new field in the stadium. This year because of low number of linemen due to missions/injury/graduation. At least those were the stated excuses.
                Speaking of which how is the new field doing? I hope that grass grew some roots. The field was terrible last season.
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Speaking of which how is the new field doing? I hope that grass grew some roots. The field was terrible last season.

field looked and felt like shit. Worse than CJ's yard. Well maybe not that bad but it was not in the field we are used to seeing inside LES.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                    field looked and felt like shit. Worse than CJ's yard. Well maybe not that bad but it was not in the field we are used to seeing inside LES.
                    Awesome!
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Well. I give you two props for turning this thread into a BYU thread.. I'm not mad about it.. Just made me chuckle...
                      Last edited by dabrockster; 04-27-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Well. I give you two props for turning this thread into a BYU thread.. I'm not mad about it.. Just made me chuckle...
                        I'll offer an even worse thread-jack, but it's at least Big-Ten related.

Penn State looked awful at its Blue-White game on Saturday. Two sophomore QB's are competing for the job. The O-Line, not exactly last season's anchor, looked terrible. I'll bet Evan Royster regrets his decision to stay in school.
                        The tailgating beforehand was unbelievable. There was a carnival set up and the drunk college kids (and their parents) were having a tough time with the tilt-a-whirl rides. Let's just say the vomit was copious.

So, look for OSU to be the conference favorite in the fall.
                        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Columbus is a City unto it own. All it has is Ohio State sports and Blue jackets (Which have floundered since inception). With that and a fairly uneventful Spring weekend. It usually brings the fans out. They are good at one thing. Supporting their team.
                          Plus the Columbus Crew suck!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Plus the Columbus Crew suck!
                            Does Cleveland have an MLS team?? And didn't the crew recently win the MLS??

I am just trying to figure out all this sudden hatred for C-bus.. I guess living in Cleveland can cause such feelings...

Comment

Working...
                            X