If you are a concealed carry holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are a concealed carry holder

do you find yourself "carrying" more now than in the past?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PNubhUivSFs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PNubhUivSFs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I carry the same amount as the day I first obtain my CCP. That means everywhere outside the house on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
        do you find yourself "carrying" more now than in the past?
        About the same, which is not very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
          I carry the same amount as the day I first obtain my CCP. That means everywhere outside the house on weekends.
          You really carry your gun every time you leave the house on the weekend? So, e.g., you're going down to the Home Depot for some sprinkler parts -- you take your piece?

Also, why only on the weekends? Why not just always have it when you're outside the house?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            You really carry your gun every time you leave the house on the weekend? So, e.g., you're going down to the Home Depot for some sprinkler parts -- you take your piece?

Also, why only on the weekends? Why not just always have it when you're outside the house?
            Yes, everytime I leave the house on weekends, unless I'm just messing around in the yard. Trips to Walmart, Home Depot, Best Buy, out to lunch and dinner...everything. You never know when the zombie apocalypse is going to kick off.

(Side note - I don't carry to Church on Sundays. It's not allowed. I find this aspect of Church government troublesome. Seriously.)

The reason I don't carry during the week is I can't carry into the office (not allowed). During the week I am literally in my house, on the road, or in the office. My Glock 27 stays in the center console of my car. I don't like it, but it's the best I can do.

Comment

(Side note - I don't carry to Church on Sundays. It's not allowed. I find this aspect of Church government troublesome. Seriously.)
              If it's concealed, how are they going to know? It's not a question on the temple recommend interview.
              If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                If it's concealed, how are they going to know? It's not a question on the temple recommend interview.
                In most states, concealed carry in churches is against the law. Banks, gov't buildings, bars, school campuses and any place it is posted no firearms...is a no no.
                "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                  Well, it's a rule, so I follow it, even though I don't like it. That part of the concealed carry training stuck with me. If a business or another private organization has a clearly understood policy with regards to firearm carry, it's best for me to either avoid patronizing altogether or comply with the policy. Yes, I could carry anyway, and if I got caught, they could call the cops and remove me from the premises. But that's alot of hassle and trouble that I don't need.

If I want people to respect my right to carry, I need to respect their right to determine whether or not I can carry on their private property.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                    In most states, concealed carry in churches is against the law. Banks, gov't buildings, bars, school campuses and any place it is posted no firearms...is a no no.
                    There is one church in Utah on record prohibiting concealed carry in its meeting houses.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/CFchurch.html

Comment

There is one church in Utah on record prohibiting concealed carry in its meeting houses.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/CFchurch.html

Wait...you mean there are other churches in Utah? Weird.....

I have a friend who is a bounty hunter/bail bondsman and he carries an ankle piece in church.
                      "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                        Wait...you mean there are other churches in Utah? Weird.....

I have a friend who is a bounty hunter/bail bondsman and he carries an ankle piece in church.
                        Nice. He carries it in the ONE place its guaranteed to get noticed.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                        X