Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Unga withdraw from school last Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Unga withdraw from school last Friday?

Is it normal policy at BYU to be permitted to withdraw from school and still take final examinations?

Per Dick Harmon, Harvey is taking his finals this week, "neatly tucking away more credits towards graduation."

No school I know of allows you to withdraw from class after a certain "drop dead" date. After that date, you get a grade. Period.

Does BYU not have such withdrawl deadlines?

I don't get the timeline that Harmon or anybody is reporting here.

How do you withdraw right before finals?

How do you officially withdraw right before finals and STILL take the finals?

It would seem that he hasn't really withdrawn from school at all, at least not yet.

If he told them he wouldn't be returning after this semester that would be withdrawing.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
      Is it normal policy at BYU to be permitted to withdraw from school and still take final examinations?

Per Dick Harmon, Harvey is taking his finals this week, "neatly tucking away more credits towards graduation."

No school I know of allows you to withdraw from class after a certain "drop dead" date. After that date, you get a grade. Period.

Does BYU not have such withdrawl deadlines?

I don't get the timeline that Harmon or anybody is reporting here.

How do you withdraw right before finals?

How do you officially withdraw right before finals and STILL take the finals?

It would seem that he hasn't really withdrawn from school at all, at least not yet.
      These are good questions.

Can you compare specifics of BYU's policy vis a vis some of the other schools with which you are familiar? No need to name all of them, but a few examples would be interesting.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

PU, take a deep breath, in . . . . out . . . . and as you breath out, just let it go man, just let it go.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
          PU, take a deep breath, in . . . . out . . . . and as you breath out, just let it go man, just let it go.
          It is his conspiracy theory.

Here is PU making sure the government doesn't read his mind.

"Take it to the Bank"

Comment

The school I went to, if you withdraw before finals week, you get a "W". If you withdraw after finals you get the grade you qualified for. What withdrawing after finals means is: no refund of tuition or fees, and readmittance means going through the admission process all over again.

You can also petition to withdraw in advance of your withdrawal date.

Comment

Wow! What a catch! And to think no one else caught this! PU you are the bob Woodward of the cougar rivalry.

No, really, very impressive.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I don't really care about the Unga situation, but all I see here by BYU fans is deflection instead of possible answers or speculation. I think it is a valid question. Is the deflection just based on who asked the question, or because there isn't a legitimate answer?

I don't read CB, so if this is just retreading water that has already been swam there you can disregard this post.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                  I don't really care about the Unga situation, but all I see here by BYU fans is deflection instead of possible answers or speculation. I think it is a valid question. Is the deflection just based on who asked the question, or because there isn't a legitimate answer?

I don't read CB, so if this is just retreading water that has already been swam there you can disregard this post.

It probably has more to do with the fact that nobody knows. And everything here is speculation.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

I too really don't care about all of this.

Will someone please answer these effing questions!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

Oh boy, you ute fans are just too clever for us! You saw right through my deflection! Man, you guys really do get a good edumacation up on the hill.

TO be honest, my attitude has more to do with the fact that the supposed shenanigan, if there was one (and no one here knows, although the lack of play this issue is getting in the press suggest there isn't one) is based on avoiding the honor code, which is something Utah fans ridicule mercilessly. It's like how everybody at a party is always worried about the Mormon getting drunk while they slowly get plastered. Very credible. As the French like to say: pay attention to your own onions.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Ah, the inner torture and self hatred of the active LDS Ute fan. I see now why Goat enjoys this so much.

Comment

I'm confused. I was told that The Strippling Warriors remained virgins until they were married in the Zarahemla Temple.
                          Seems we're still waiting for Bronco's so-called 'higher standard' to be met.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            Ah, the inner torture and self hatred of the active LDS Ute fan. I see now why Goat enjoys this so much.
                            This will be the climax of my love affair with Bronco. It will give me more leverage to mock both the BYU fans who whine about Mendenhall's emphasised program religiosity as well as the ALUF whose mission in life is to protect their beloved religion's reputation from the obvious hypocrisy of the BYU.

This could be my dream come true!

Sadly, I warn BYU fans my luck is rarely that good.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                              The school I went to, if you withdraw before finals week, you get a "W". If you withdraw after finals you get the grade you qualified for. What withdrawing after finals means is: no refund of tuition or fees, and readmittance means going through the admission process all over again.

You can also petition to withdraw in advance of your withdrawal date.
                              This.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Working...
                              X