Entitled kids win BCS Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitled kids win BCS Championships

“We are more athletic, we are faster, we are quicker. That doesn’t mean that that is now in place of the character, the academics, etc. Some of these kids especially now that they are becoming more highly recruited, there is a level of entitlement that they feel, and sometimes they have been allowed to hold on to that, by getting away with things in the classroom, in the community or on the field, by cutting corners.
    We have already seen some of those things and have worked to address it really bluntly and sharply and quickly right from the beginning to make sure everything here is earned, and that it is a privilege to be here. So I think we have already seen some of it.”

Jay Drews Blog

Highly recruited, entitled kids, with multiple BCS offers, are a necessary evil if you want to win a BCS Championship. Every HC at every elite program that has competed for a BCS Championship has to deal with these types of kids, I don't know why Mendenhall feels that he and BYU shouldn't have deal with them as well.

Originally posted by Ruby Soho View Post
    “We are more athletic, we are faster, we are quicker. That doesn’t mean that that is now in place of the character, the academics, etc. Some of these kids especially now that they are becoming more highly recruited, there is a level of entitlement that they feel, and sometimes they have been allowed to hold on to that, by getting away with things in the classroom, in the community or on the field, by cutting corners.
    We have already seen some of those things and have worked to address it really bluntly and sharply and quickly right from the beginning to make sure everything here is earned, and that it is a privilege to be here. So I think we have already seen some of it.”

Jay Drews Blog

Highly recruited, entitled kids, with multiple BCS offers, are a necessary evil if you want to win a BCS Championship. Every HC at every elite program that has competed for a BCS Championship has to deal with these types of kids, I don't know why Mendenhall feels that he and BYU shouldn't have deal with them as well.
    I get bothered a lot by Bronco speak. But I think I understand his point. I think it relates to how good the player is relative to the average recruit. So if you're a 4 star at BYU, you think you're the shiz and think you can get away with stuff. At Florida, you think you're the shiz if you're a 5 star. I'd guess it's the same at every program, where the top handful of recruits think they're above certain things. And probably every coach is frustrated by this. It's about leverage. When you're one of the top recruits for a program you have it.

Comment

Working...
    X