The Utah leaving for PAC12 silver lining thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Utah leaving for PAC12 silver lining thread

The whole saga of the possible Utah fleeing to the west coast is bringing back memories from 20 years ago. While on my mission my gf who had written me every week first started sending shorter less personal letters, then she would miss the occasional week, I then received a letter from another friend who said she had seen my gf around campus several times with the same guy, then finally the letter came that told me about the new guy and how she loved him. The next month the wedding invitation finally arrived. At first I was sad, but obviously in retrospect it was the best thing that ever happened to me and hopefully her.

Anyways it seems to be the stage with the Utes that the friend is telling us Cougs they are seeing her hanging out a lot with a new guy. We haven't received the wedding invitation...yet. But I'm starting to mentally prepare myself for the possibility. I been trying to think of possible silver (really more ashen) linings when if this does happen.
    • I will take some sadistic enjoyment in looking at the PAC 12 rankings and seeing Utah in the 3-6 range in every sport.
    • I don't have to listen to any Ute talk while watching the MTN in low definition
    • The rest of the country will finally be able to tell the two schools apart...yep BYU is the one playing in the JV conference.
    • BYU should never finish worse in 2nd in football or basketball and we all know how exciting 2nd places finishes can be.
    • Coaches can tell recruits they don't want to play for any school that has possibility of playing in Pullman in November (conveniently forgetting to mention anything about Laramie).
    • SU can finally pull the trigger on his life long dream to start up HuskieUteForum.com

Without a doubt the best part of Utah leaving the MWC is
    • There now is no scenario where I ever have to begrudgingly cheer for Utah again. Their wins will no longer help BYU or the MWC. In other words I can once again hate them with foaming vitriol. Is there any way you can bring Marshall back to make this even easier for me...please....pretty please?
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 04-20-2010, 10:28 AM.

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    The whole saga of the possible Utah fleeing to the west coast is bringing back memories from 20 years ago. While on my mission my gf who had written me every week first started sending shorter less personal letters, then she would miss the occasional week, I then received a letter from another friend who said she had seen my gf around campus several times with the same guy, then finally the letter came that told me about the new guy and how she loved him. The next month the wedding invitation finally arrived. At first I was sad, but obviously in retrospect it was the best thing that ever happened to me and hopefully her.

Anyways it seems to be the stage with the Utes that the friend is telling us Cougs they are seeing her hanging out a lot with a new guy. We haven't received the wedding invitation...yet. But I'm starting to mentally prepare myself for the possibility. I been trying to think of possible silver (really more ashen) linings when if this does happen.
    • I will take some sadistic enjoyment in looking at the PAC 12 rankings and seeing Utah in the 3-6 range in every sport.
    • I don't have to listen to any Ute talk while watching the MTN in low definition
    • The rest of the country will finally be able to tell the two schools apart...yep BYU is the one playing in the JV conference.
    • BYU should never finish worse in 2nd in football or basketball and we all know how exciting 2nd places finishes can be.
    • Coaches can tell recruits they don't want to play for any school that has possibility of playing in Pullman in November (conveniently forgetting to mention anything about Laramie).
    • SU can finally pull the trigger on his life long dream to start up HuskieUteForum.com

Without a doubt the best part of Utah leaving the MWC is[*] There now is no scenario where I ever have to begrudgingly cheer for Utah again. Their wins will no longer help BYU or the MWC. In other words I can once again hate them with foaming vitriol. Is there any way you can bring Marshall back to make this even easier for me...please....pretty please?

So you are all on board with the plan.

"The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

HuskieUteForum.com
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I've seen some of the "Utah Pac 12 silver lining threads" on CB lately.

I have no idea if Utah's in line to join the Pac 10 or not. It makes sense geographically and culturally for the Pac 10, but I have a hard time thinking it makes sense financially. But at any rate, it could happen I guess. If it does, I have a hard time seeing any silver lining. In fact, I think it could be nearly a death blow to BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post

I have no idea if Utah's in line to join the Pac 10 or not. It makes sense geographically and culturally for the Pac 10, but I have a hard time thinking it makes sense financially. But at any rate, it could happen I guess. If it does, I have a hard time seeing any silver lining. In fact, I think it could be nearly a death blow to BYU.
            No need for purple Koolaid. My dream is for Utah to acquire BYU.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Without a doubt the best part of Utah leaving the MWC is[*] There now is no scenario where I ever have to begrudgingly cheer for Utah again. Their wins will no longer help BYU or the MWC. In other words I can once again hate them with foaming vitriol. Is there any way you can bring Marshall back to make this even easier for me...please....pretty please?
              It is nice to know such a scenario will provide joy to some. There will be plenty of testimonials on CB about rather being pure, virtuous and moral and in an irrelevant conference than being in the depths of iniquity that is the BCS.

I am happy for all of you, sincerely. As for me and my house, we are college football fans. I will be cheering with all my might for my favorite BCS team, which would be Utah and at the same time cheering with all my might for my favorite mid conference team, BYU. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be opposed to BYU dropping to 1AA where we could dominate that division and win national championships.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Perhaps the Church will donate Temple Square to the Utah Historical Society at the same time.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Think of all the times we'll get to play each other in the Veg!

"75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
                  -John Heisman

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    There will be plenty of testimonials on CB ...
                    I hacked posters on CB? Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

Then break it up and sell off the unprofitable pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by mUUser View Post
                        Then break it up and sell off the unprofitable pieces.
                        Yes, and fire all the management and directors and employees who don't fit the Utah mission or are redundant. Maybe we could sell the name to the Idaho BYU school.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

[*] SU can finally pull the trigger on his life long dream to start up HuskieUteForum.com
                          I could be the landpoke of that board.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
                            Think of all the times we'll get to play each other in the Veg!
                            My guess is that Vegas would go for that instantly, even if they did play eachother the last game of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                              My guess is that Vegas would go for that instantly, even if they did play eachother the last game of the season.
                              If Utah leaves I personally would like to see the Holy War go away. If a girl wants to hook up with another guy that is her prerogative, just don't expect me to be waiting around when you get back. Especially when I know the new dude is much richer, better looking and drives a nicer car than I have.

Comment

Working...
                              X