Kaveinga mission bound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaveinga mission bound?

This was mentioned on CB as reported on TBS. Is this common knowledge and I just missed the news? Somebody making things up?

What's the scoop?

In this case, I don't care much as don't have high hopes for him anyway, but it would be nice to have the added depth he would provide. I guess if you have to sit out a year, you might as well do it in some third world country, not date chicks, have to be with a male companion 24/7 and wear a shirt and tie everywhere...

I guess.
    Last edited by smokymountainrain; 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

I hope not.

Supposedly he looks real good.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

2011 and 2012 defenses just took a really big hit. He'll be one old NFL rookie if he was planning on an NFL career.

Comment

Good for Kaveinga.

History isn't in his corner when it comes to players leaving for missions after their sophomore year and having a great career. He does have a redshirt and that might be something he will need to use before he plays his JR. and SR. year. I have just seen that those that leave after there freshman year or redshirt year on a mission have had more success on the football field when they get home then those that have left after playing a couple of years.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
          Good for Kaveinga.

History isn't in his corner when it comes to players leaving for missions after their sophomore year and having a great career. He does have a redshirt and that might be something he will need to use before he plays his JR. and SR. year. I have just seen that those that leave after there freshman year or redshirt year on a mission have had more success on the football field when they get home then those that have left after playing a couple of years.
          And, he'll most likely be contending with Stout, Keoshian, Jorgensen, Beck, Pritchard and Hadley by the time he gets home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Soho View Post
            And, he'll most likely be contending with Stout, Keoshian, Jorgensen, Beck, Pritchard and Hadley by the time he gets home.
            after 3 or 4 years of the cupboard being almost completely empty at MLB, those are some good prospects for the MLB spots.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Well, crap. Now I have to change my avatar.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                I think Ruby's avatar is really smoking a joint.
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  Good for Kaveinga.

I am fine with him going on a mission, of course. I think if the young man thinks it is more important than football, then no doubt it is.

However, this is why I don't get all that excited and get involved in the talk about how great some LDS kid is before he gets back off his mission and starts playing. I think I knew it before, but learned the lesson well with Olson.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                    I'll defer, you've been here a month longer than me.

Comment

I'll defer, you've been here a month longer than me.
                      Change it back! Change it back!

Truthfully, I've been thinking about switching mine, so if you want the Swedish Chef, no complaints here.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X