Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BYU installing a new pressure package.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU installing a new pressure package.....

They put Brian Logan and Brandon Bradley at safety with Lee Aguirre and Robbie Buckner at the corners and then blitzed everyone else.The 4 DBs all played press man coverage. Leaving those 4 on an island. I guess it had some pretty good success and it is something they are going to continue working on.
    *Banned*

That sounds cool. How is BYU's dl coming along? Is Thomas Bryson going to be good?

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      They put Brian Logan and Brandon Bradley at safety with Lee Aguirre and Robbie Buckner at the corners and then blitzed everyone else.The 4 DBs all played press man coverage. Leaving those 4 on an island. I guess it had some pretty good success and it is something they are going to continue working on.
      Sounds cool except it will be obvious it's coming if you switch out the safeties.

Comment

Bronco at heart is a true Rocky Long disciple who believes in deception and aggression. I think it has pained him greatly over the last four years to dial down the pressure, 10 win seasons and a couple of successful defenses notwithstanding.

The 2003 BYU defense was the most enjoyable defense to watch, even if it wasn't the best defense in BYU history.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          That sounds cool. How is BYU's dl coming along? Is Thomas Bryson going to be good?
          All of the practices reports for Bryson are positive. But the former players including one who played on the D-line last year say he is lazy and wuss.

So maybe its a matter of good natural talent that could be great if he put in the work, we will see.
          *Banned*

Comment

All of the practices reports for Bryson are positive. But the former players including one who played on the D-line last year say he is lazy and wuss.
            He "is" or he "was"?

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              He "is" or he "was"?
              Well they played with him last year so no clue if he has changed his ways.

By the way I agree with you on Bronco in fact I bet he would go back to the 3-3-5 in a minute if he thought they could still win football games.
              *Banned*

Comment

So maybe its a matter of good natural talent that could be great if he put in the work, we will see.
                Hopefully he takes the same vitamins that Pendleton took last year. He had the same label his first two years in the program by a lot of his teammates.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  Hopefully he takes the same vitamins that Pendleton took last year. He had the same label his first two years in the program by a lot of his teammates.
                  That would be great, Pendleton was a revelation. How are the inside backers looking? Are Brandon Ogletree and Aveni LW good enough to get the job done? Shane Hunter, seemed like good back-up, especially considering he is a walk-on

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    That would be great, Pendleton was a revelation. How are the inside backers looking? Are Brandon Ogletree and Aveni LW good enough to get the job done? Shane Hunter, seemed like good back-up, especially considering he is a walk-on
                    This is where I hope somebody really steps up. I think Ogletree will be fine but we need somebody who can get in the gaps and meet the rush at the line instead of 3 or 4 yards downfield. I wasn't impressed with Hunter in the limited time he saw. He had a good number of reps against Air Force and got juked quite a bit. I'd be surprised if Stout doesn't play quite a bit as a true frosh.

Comment

My question is do we have the athletes in place to do this. I think we are a lot closer than in the past but still I wonder.......

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        My question is do we have the athletes in place to do this. I think we are a lot closer than in the past but still I wonder.......
                        Probably, but we have serious experience and depth issues in a couple of spots.

Comment

I too hope Stout can fill the bill inside. Having only the ESPN game to draw from he should win the Butkus Award by Thanksgiving.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                            Probably, but we have serious experience and depth issues in a couple of spots.
                            I would say there is only depth at corner on BYU's defense. Now that doesn't sound right.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Wasn't Buckner supposed to be good before he got hurt? It seems like we should just put Bradley at safety with Rich and have Buckner and Logan for corners.

Not that I know anything, but it seems that the coaches should have some good options unless I'm mistaken about Buckner being good last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X