PDA

View Full Version : Alani Fua not going to serve a mission......

cougjunkie
04-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I guess he has been dating his girlfriend since they were in the 7th grade and they have decided to get married so they can stay together while he is at BYU.

She is currently Miss California Teen USA.

In fact it looks like they are getting married April 10th. If you want to see what she looks like google: Malaysia Gonzalez. I would probably get that sewed up as quickly as possible too.

old_gregg
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
the second result for her name on google:

http://registry.weddingchannel.com/coupledir/20104/F/R315433653/ALANI_FUA_AND_MALAYSIA_GONZALEZ.htm

edit: interested in getting them a gift for their wedding? (http://www.macys.com/registry/wedding/guest/?registryId=114887&cm_mmc=WEDDINGCHANNEL-_-Registry-_-n-_-Registry&LinkshareID=721934443&ref=wc)

Blueintheface
04-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I guess he has been dating his girlfriend since they were in the 7th grade and they have decided to get married so they can stay together while he is at BYU.

In fact it looks like they are getting married April 10th. If you want to see what she looks like google: Malaysia Gonzalez. I would probably get that sewed up as quickly as possible too.

Let the "she's pregnant already" rumors begin now "which would correlate with the shotgun wedding date."

byu71
04-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Let the "she's pregnant already" rumors begin now "which would correlate with the shotgun wedding date."

I think that would only happen if somehow he doesn't enroll in the fall.

I wonder if he can get married in the Temple since he isn't going to serve a mission. Don't they make young men wait until after the age they would have gotten back from a mission before they can marry in the Temple.

Blueintheface
04-07-2010, 12:51 PM

http://registry.weddingchannel.com/coupledir/20104/F/R315433653/ALANI_FUA_AND_MALAYSIA_GONZALEZ.htm

edit: interested in getting them a gift for their wedding? (http://www.macys.com/registry/wedding/guest/?registryId=114887&cm_mmc=WEDDINGCHANNEL-_-Registry-_-n-_-Registry&LinkshareID=721934443&ref=wc)

Violation alert! Violation alert! That bedding is pretty reasonably priced though.

byu71
04-07-2010, 01:03 PM
I think I will visit CB today and see which defenders of the faith will note the further difficulty they will have in raising their sons because of what Fua is doing.

TripletDaddy
04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I think I will visit CB today and see which defenders of the faith will note the further difficulty they will have in raising their sons because of what Fua is doing.

you go do that and then come back and tell us.

byu71
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
you go do that and then come back and tell us.

Good point. Why should I announce I was going to do that on here.

ewth8tr
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I wonder if he can get married in the Temple since he isn't going to serve a mission. Don't they make young men wait until after the age they would have gotten back from a mission before they can marry in the Temple.

I was married in the temple prior to the age that I would have returned from a mission (as well as before the age I would have left for a mission).

byu71
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
I was married in the temple prior to the age that I would have returned from a mission (as well as before the age I would have left for a mission).

Was the pre- every young man should serve or post.

old_gregg
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM

you were templed married at 19??? WTF?

Medfordcoug
04-07-2010, 02:06 PM

Doesn't matter, if he is worthy, he can be married in the temple as long as he is of legal age and a Elder.

Now if a young man or woman want to go through the temple without getting married, they are supposed to be in their late twenties or older.

kccougar
04-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I think that would only happen if somehow he doesn't enroll in the fall.

My best friend got married in the temple while he was still 19.

ewth8tr
04-07-2010, 02:27 PM

you were templed married at 19??? WTF?

18 :)

old_gregg
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM

18 :)

is that a story you're willing to share? are you still married?

falafel
04-07-2010, 02:47 PM

And with 35 kids, no less!

BigFatMeanie
04-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Doesn't matter, if he is worthy, he can be married in the temple as long as he is of legal age and a Elder.

Now if a young man or woman want to go through the temple without getting married, they are supposed to be in their late twenties or older.

Any male or female can receive the temple endowment ordinance if they are 18 years old, the male is an Elder, and they are deemed worthy by their bishop and SP. There is no age restriction beyond the age of 18.

ewth8tr
04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
We had already talked about getting married at some point, but then when my wife's family decided that they were moving to Colorado, we decided that there wasn't really any reason not to get married then. We are still happily married with 5 kids ( Will have our 12th anniversary in July.)

Blueintheface
04-07-2010, 03:51 PM
We had already talked about getting married at some point, but then when my wife's family decided that they were moving to Colorado, we decided that there wasn't really any reason not to get married then. We are still happily married with 5 kids ( Will have our 12th anniversary in July.)

Your carbon emissions limit has been reached. Time to get snipped.

old_gregg
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM

that's awesome. cool story.

Medfordcoug
04-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Any male or female can receive the temple endowment ordinance if they are 18 years old, the male is an Elder, and they are deemed worthy by their bishop and SP. There is no age restriction beyond the age of 18.

Actually, Bishops and SPs recieved a letter from the 1st Presidency 4-5 years ago with the late 20s guidelines if they are not going on a mission and are not getting married.

Of course this can mean different things to different SPS. Some are more conservative than others.

SeattleUte
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM

She's a teen? Tragic.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
04-07-2010, 05:27 PM

Is it an NCAA violation to get them a gift from CUF?

SCcoug
04-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Is it an NCAA violation to get them a gift from CUF?

Just as long as it is for the wife right?

old_gregg
04-07-2010, 06:14 PM
will somebody buy them a decent (i.e. not $34.99) set of knives? please?

TripletDaddy
04-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I think a nice Utah-type wedding gift would be to give them 2 ceramic mugs, a container of Steven's Hot Cocoa, a package of microwaveable popcorn, tie it all up with some cool string and call it a "date night kit." It is a really original idea and I bet nobody else has ever thought of it before.

Jarid in Cedar
04-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I think a nice Utah-type wedding gift would be to give them 2 ceramic mugs, a container of Steven's Hot Cocoa, a package of microwaveable popcorn, tie it all up with some cool string and call it a "date night kit." It is a really original idea and I bet nobody else has ever thought of it before.

You forgot the $2.00 off coupon to Blockbusters

TripletDaddy
04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
You forgot the $2.00 off coupon to Blockbusters

good call. I need to be more on top of my wedding gift giving etiquette.

YOhio
04-07-2010, 07:59 PM

Ha! We got four or five of those, but all were popcorn bowl themed and had various boxes of candy. Nothing more useful to a newlywed couple than a box of Jr. Mints.

Coach McGuirk
04-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Ha! We got four or five of those, but all were popcorn bowl themed and had various boxes of candy. Nothing more useful to a newlywed couple than a box of Jr. Mints.

Jr. Mints are delicious. I would take those at any point in my marriage.

New Mexican Disaster
04-07-2010, 08:10 PM

Mister, there are uses for Jr. Mints by newlyweds that if you even had an inkling of you would weep unceasingly.

YOhio
04-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Mister, there are uses for Jr. Mints by newlyweds that if you even had an inkling of you would weep unceasingly.

PM me the details. TIA.

CJF
04-07-2010, 09:04 PM

Those can be very refreshing.

grapevine
04-07-2010, 09:17 PM
For anyone getting endowments I remember hearing something about Going on a Mission, Getting Married or moved far enough in your career. The letter said young women in late teens or early 20's could do baptisms. But specifically said seeing a sibling or friend get married was not good enough reason to get endowments in late teens or early 20's.

Donuthole
04-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Those can be very refreshing.
It's chocolate! It's peppermint! It's delicious!

LA Ute
04-07-2010, 09:48 PM
This is a rare case - I actually know someone involved! I've known Alani since he was 3 years old, and he grew up in my ward. The Fuas are a great family. Alani's older brother Sione got a full ride to Stanford, and Alani is a good young man.

myboynoah
04-07-2010, 10:13 PM
This is a rare case - I actually know someone involved! I've known Alani since he was 3 years old, and he grew up in my ward. The Fuas are a great family. Alani's older brother Sione got a full ride to Stanford, and Alani is a good young man.

Hey! This is a thread for Cougar Fans. Buzz off! :)

LA Ute
04-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey! This is a thread for Cougar Fans. Buzz off! :)

This is a "the kid is from my ward" exception. Besides, the rules I make apply only to you. I thought you knew that!

beefytee
04-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Our BYU stake president wouldn't let my wife get her endowment out for her sister's wedding which was 2 months before ours.

Yes, I feel for my FIL, my MIL was indeed pregnant at that time as well.