2006 BYU Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 BYU Defense

I am watching BYU vs Tulsa from 2006. That BYU defense was pretty damn good. Matangi Tonga was a beast, Jan was free to actually pass rush. Kehl, Jensen and Wagner were the best set of linebackers since 1996. Just a fun defense to watch.
    *Banned*

I agree. I was right behind the bench for the Wyoming ass kicking that year and I think that may have been the most fun at a football game I've ever had. We were screaming like tween girls at a Hanna Montana show after Jacobson returned that punt to the house, and the General had his way with that entire offense.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I still think BYU is just 1 solid ILB away from having just as great a LB corp. I have confidence in Ogletree and Leung-Wai but if they go down and they have to rely on incoming freshmen like Stout or Keoshian this fall then they're in for it.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        I still think BYU is just 1 solid ILB away from having just as great a LB corp. I have confidence in Ogletree and Leung-Wai but if they go down and they have to rely on incoming freshmen like Stout or Keoshian this fall then they're in for it.
        If Van Noy develops this year, BYU is going to have some really good defenses again starting in 2011. I view this year as being very similar to last year, and definitely ahead of 2008. Some good games, a poor game or two but overall an above average defense. Come 2011 and BYU is building around Ogletree, Kaveinga, Pendleton and Van Noy at LB, BYU is going to have some good defenses. As for this year, they must be confident in both Stout and Jorgenson because the didn't move Atkinson to ILB but there are some serious concerns about depth this year. We will miss Tyler Beck this year.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

wow I forgot about Kaveinga! He and Pendleton are going to be a serious 1-2 punch. Especially if Van Noy pans out. Hopefully we can wrangle some beasts to man the D-Line and keep up some semblance of a backfield.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
            If Van Noy develops this year, BYU is going to have some really good defenses again starting in 2011. I view this year as being very similar to last year, and definitely ahead of 2008. Some good games, a poor game or two but overall an above average defense. Come 2011 and BYU is building around Ogletree, Kaveinga, Pendleton and Van Noy at LB, BYU is going to have some good defenses. As for this year, they must be confident in both Stout and Jorgenson because the didn't move Atkinson to ILB but there are some serious concerns about depth this year. We will miss Tyler Beck this year.
            "Oh that Kyle had not imbibed and Keveinga had not donned that USC hat." D&C 140:6
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
            X