PDA

View Full Version : Who is more clutch? BJ or Max?

cougjunkie
11-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Most would say off the top of their heads that its BJ, remembering TCU and OSU. But Max Hall has had 7 opportunities late in games (under 5 minutes in the 4th quarter) to tie the game or take the lead. He has 7 touchdown passes.

Sizzle
11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Most would say off the top of their heads that its BJ, remembering TCU and OSU. But Max Hall has had 7 opportunities late in games (under 5 minutes in the 4th quarter) to tie the game or take the lead. He has 7 touchdown passes.

I'd say Max, based on this year. But that is not discounting BJ's season either.

Sleeping in EQ
11-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Max.

il Padrino Ute
11-18-2008, 05:37 PM
BJ has come up clutch in more memorable situations.

Surfah
11-18-2008, 06:11 PM
BJ has come up clutch in more memorable situations.

You've forgotten last year's rivalry game already eh? I'd block that one out as well.

il Padrino Ute
11-18-2008, 06:21 PM
You've forgotten last year's rivalry game already eh? I'd block that one out as well.

No, I haven't forgotten about that game. I just thought we were talking about this season.

Surfah
11-18-2008, 06:24 PM
No, I haven't forgotten about that game. I just thought we were talking about this season.

This year it's a toss up. Oregon State stands out for me if I'm being objective. But at the same time, that game was more about OSU and dumb calls and clock management late than BJ IMO.

il Padrino Ute
11-18-2008, 06:42 PM
This year it's a toss up. Oregon State stands out for me if I'm being objective. But at the same time, that game was more about OSU and dumb calls and clock management late than BJ IMO.

OSU's last possession was a textbook example of how not to manage the clock. But BJ still has to make the plays. And he had guided a very nice drive before the last OSU possession as well.

The last possession against TCU was more memorable, IMO, because it came against a much better defense.

Mormon Red Death
11-18-2008, 07:02 PM

You know BJ drove the Utes down for the TD right before the 4th and 18 debacle. warrant mentioning

All-American
11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
You know BJ drove the Utes down for the TD right before the 4th and 18 debacle. warrant mentioning

I do remember that.

How did he do right AFTER the 4th and 18 debacle?

Mormon Red Death
11-18-2008, 07:11 PM
I do remember that.

He only had 30 seconds... He id get down to byu's 35 yard line.

SteelBlue
11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
I do remember that.

Well enough to scare the crap out of me.

DrumNFeather
11-18-2008, 08:58 PM
It could be argued that BJ's clutch situations were in games the Utes "should've lost." and that Hall's came in games where the Cougars should've won easily.

Both QBs are clutch though...it should be a great matchup.

BlueHair
11-20-2008, 04:40 PM

Oregon State went for two or three two point conversions and converted none of them. They missed their first extra point and chased two point conversions the rest of them game. Riley is an idiot. You never go for two until you have to. On the bright side, the MWC champ beat the Pac 10 champ.

smokymountainrain
11-20-2008, 04:43 PM

Two of the biggest plays of that drive were made by Louks. Not to mention the biggest play of that drive was a Mack run.

Cougar Hunter
11-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Glad that this debate can be put to bed now.

BJ - 304 yards, 4 tds passing, 0 turnovers.

Max Hall - 200 yards, one rushing td, 5 ints (could have easily been 8 or 9 thanks to some dropped balls by Ute defenders), one fumble, one petty punk bitch head butt personal foul.

The biggest game of their careers, BJ shined, Max Hallsman folded like a cheap lawn chair.

All-American
11-23-2008, 10:02 AM

Max Hall - 200 yards, one rushing td, 5 ints (could have easily been 8 or 9 thanks to some dropped balls by Ute defenders), one fumble, one petty punk bitch head butt personal foul.

The biggest game of their careers, BJ shined, Max Hallsman folded like a cheap lawn chair.

It takes a special kind of bravery to show up for the first time after a win.

Welcome.

woot
11-23-2008, 10:13 AM
It takes a special kind of douchebaggery to show up for the first time after a win.

Welcome.

fixed that for you.

Cougar Hunter
11-23-2008, 10:21 AM
It takes a special kind of bravery to show up for the first time after a win.

Welcome.

Thank you.

All-American
11-23-2008, 11:24 AM
fixed that for you.

You're right-- I clearly misspoke. I apologize.

There are characters of this type on either side of the fence, I know, but truth be told, I don't begrudge them their existence. It's what makes rivalry games sweet. We were on the good side of the game for the last two years; now we're on this side.

Hopefully, this one will be back after seeing what Alabama or SC will do to his team. Or after the Utes return from Provo in 2009.

But it's your day for now. Enjoy.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Mormon Red Death
11-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Two of the biggest plays of that drive were made by Louks. Not to mention the biggest play of that drive was a Mack run.

I was thinking about this and if I remember Hall's last drive on that day he was helped out by the Magic and a PI and a some good runs by Unga

Gocougs
11-23-2008, 10:45 PM

Unfortunately I have to agree. Biggest games in both their careers and BJ definitely outplayed Max and thus, going to the BCS while we end up in Las Vegas again.

LA Ute
11-23-2008, 10:49 PM

After last night I am not sure Hall has much a claim on being Mr. Clutch.

Gocougs
11-23-2008, 10:49 PM

Another question might be.......who is more clutch? Whittingham or Bronco? Anae or Ludwig? For the life of me, I don't understand why Anae didn't run more when Max was stinking up the place.