Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great troll attempt at CB

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=5381985

It had a chance to be an epic troll, but he panicked too early and made it too obvious with this reply...

"I trust that Bronco will encourage heaps to go...whether or not he earns the starting spot."

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=5381985

It had a chance to be an epic troll, but he panicked too early and made it too obvious with this reply...

"I trust that Bronco will encourage heaps to go...whether or not he earns the starting spot."
    Heaps, Heaps, Heaps, that's all we hear about...gosh!

:rockon1:
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

All this hoping Heaps doesn't go on a missions sickens me. It's not a very credible picture of religious devotion. Some Christians have felt you should give away all your posessions, mortify yourself, even incite your own personal martyrdom to demonstrate devotion to Christ. BYU fans don't even want to give up a quarterback prospect in this little dungeon and dragons game of BYU football.

Let me tell you something else. Only a Micky Mouse faith would try to proseletyze by winning football games. Not the faith of Augustine.

The whole scene could not be more distasteful to me.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        All this hoping Heaps doesn't go on a missions sickens me. It's not a very credible picture of religious devotion. Some Christians have felt you should give away all your posessions, mortify yourself, even incite your own personal martyrdom to demonstrate devotion to Christ. BYU fans don't even want to give up a quarterback prospect in this little dungeon and dragons game of BYU football.

Let me tell you something else. Only a Micky Mouse faith would try to proseletyze by winning football games. Not the faith of Augustine.

I used to be very vocal about not wanting Jake to go on a mission. However, after much prayer and consideration, I decided that the right thing to do would be to support Jake throughout his freshman year. If he proves to be a good player, only THEN would I vocally campaign against his serving a mission. If he stunk, I would be fine with his departure.

I feel much more at peace with this solution.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Augustine?!?!? Ouch!

Every Mormon aspires for the faith of Augustine!

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            Augustine?!?!? Ouch!

Every Mormon aspires for the faith of Augustine!
            Augustine is in all of us, whether you know it or not.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Are you BYUey?

Comment

Augustine is in all of us, whether you know it or not.
                So Augustine goes up to this attractive parishioner, looks at her and asks, "You are beautiful...Do you have any Roman in you?"

The woman says, "No, why?."

Augustine responds, "Would you like some?"

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X