Appaloosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appaloosa

Better than I thought. I enjoy almost all westerns though. Decent story, everyone gives a pretty good performance, nothing mind blowing. I was entertained. Not up to the level of Unforgiven, 3:10 to Yuma, Lonesome Dove,or Pale Rider. Maybe not even on the level of Tombstone or Open Range, but right below that.

I watched it this weekend. I liked it. Very good attention to detail on setting, clothing, saddles, etc. Worth the rental.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I watched it this weekend. I liked it. Very good attention to detail on setting, clothing, saddles, etc. Worth the rental.

I really enjoyed the dialogue.

And one of the few movies I like Viggo Mortenson in.

Incidentally, Viggo belongs to the group of actors who should never be filmed running. His gait is so awkward and stiff. It looks awful. Other actors in this group include Steven Seagal and Jimmy Smits. Coincidentally, this is the same group of actors who should never wear jeans. They look bad in jeans because their waistline is about 3 inches below their armpits.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        Incidentally, Viggo belongs to the group of actors who should never be filmed running. His gait is so awkward and stiff. It looks awful. Other actors in this group include Steven Seagal and Jimmy Smits
        Also, Steve Young, because then it becomes fairly evident that he is......well....you know......
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X