Pie Fest 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pie Fest 2008

So we had a pie-fest at our house last night. The idea is that pies are the best part of thanksgiving and you can't enjoy them in quite the same when you're totally stuffed. So every year, we have an event where we just invite a bunch of friends to just eat pie. This year, we had our biggest turnout yet - 99 people over 3 hours, downing 18 pies.

My wife rocks.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Thanks for not inviting me, jerk!

And I thought you allegedly knew me?

pie is my favorite dessert, no question.

what a wonderful tradition you have.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Obviously you didn't invite anyone from these cyberparts. Unless this is one of those loaves and fishes things, 18 pies wouldn't cut it for 99 people of, say, a typical CUFer's carriage. Indeed, if part of your inventory included warm boysenberry pies and you had invited me, your guest : pie ratio would have plummeted. Sounds like an excellent event.
      Last edited by PaloAltoCougar; 11-18-2008, 11:08 AM. Reason: To remove the unintended but funny emoticon :p

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        So we had a pie-fest at our house last night. The idea is that pies are the best part of thanksgiving and you can't enjoy them in quite the same when you're totally stuffed. So every year, we have an event where we just invite a bunch of friends to just eat pie. This year, we had our biggest turnout yet - 99 people over 3 hours, downing 18 pies.

My wife rocks.
        Wow. That sounds like a great idea.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I guess I should say that 99 people included 50+ kids. So we actually have some leftovers.

No boysenberry pie, but we'll have to add that one on next year. I forgot how much I love boysenberry pie.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

I guess I should say that 99 people included 50+ kids. So we actually have some leftovers.

No boysenberry pie, but we'll have to add that one on next year. I forgot how much I love boysenberry pie.
            18 pies and 99 people? I wold think 99 pies and 18 people would be more liek it.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Thanks for not inviting me, jerk!

And I thought you allegedly knew me?

pie is my favorite dessert, no question.

what a wonderful tradition you have.
              I knew you were all tied up, doing that thing you (and Utestar) do.

Ditto on your churro fiesta tradition. I tried to talk my wife into a churro gun, but she declined. She actually hates donuts and all other things fried.
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                18 pies and 99 people? I wold think 99 pies and 18 people would be more liek it.
                Kids aren't quite as into pie as adults are, it seems. So it turned out to be about 40 adults for 18 pies--that's a half a pie each. I echo your pie sentiment, but that's a lot of pie.
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Pie fest V is in the books.
                  22 pies, 150+ people, 3 cuf'ers.

We needed more pie.
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Next year, I will bring the Lemon Cream.

Comment

Pie Fest is a ridiculous success. Hats off to Salsa.

My ADR6300 is saving a beer for Kelly Heaps.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Pie fest V is in the books.
                        22 pies, 150+ people, 3 cuf'ers.

We needed more pie.
                        F you.
                        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

That is a really cool idea. I was telling my wife about it the other day. We are going to give it a shot soon I think.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I can't believe I wasn't invited. I'm the only CuFfer with "pie" in my status line.....

Honestly, I believe pies are evidence that God exists, especially elberta peach pie.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

we're having our pie night tomorrow. It won't be as grandiose as CC's, just an appropriate mix of neighbors and Mormons.
                              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                              X