Nice QB recruit, Utes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice QB recruit, Utes

I have a close family member who knows Tyler Shreve personally. Tyler is a very good pro baseball prospect and was playing for his high school team, preparing for this summer's MLB draft (word is if he gets enough money, he's going to play baseball instead of football). However, he came to practice stoned one day and got kicked off the baseball team.

That would have been bad enough, except that shortly after getting kicked off the team, he went back and beat up the coach. Criminal charges are pending.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Whittingham said he is going to wait to see how the whole thing plays out before taking action. LOL.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
      I have a close family member who knows Tyler Shreve personally. Tyler is a very good pro baseball prospect and was playing for his high school team, preparing for this summer's MLB draft (word is if he gets enough money, he's going to play baseball instead of football). However, he came to practice stoned one day and got kicked off the baseball team.

That would have been bad enough, except that shortly after getting kicked off the team, he went back and beat up the coach. Criminal charges are pending.
      Whew! I was worried about that baseball draft taking him from the Utes.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Whittingham said he is going to wait to see how the whole thing plays out before taking action. LOL.
        They've already told him they're not pulling the scholarship.
        If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Is the coach a family member of Max Hall's?

Comment

They've already told him they're not pulling the scholarship.
            The article I read said there are no criminal charges. Apparently it wasn't a big deal.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              The article I read said there are no criminal charges. Apparently it wasn't a big deal.
              Never a big deal to show up stoned for practice and then punch your coach.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Never a big deal to show up stoned for practice and then punch your coach.
                I never read anything about showing up stoned. Also, he didn't punch his coach. Link? You realize you are exposing yourself and this site's administrators to a libel claim? I want it clear I reject the rumors and negative information that have been posted about this young man and am not a party to them.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I agree. Kids like this need 5, 6 chances before they get it, and they might not even get it then.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What are the odds that Shreve can get the case postponed for 4 years?

Comment

I never read anything about showing up stoned. Also, he didn't punch his coach. Link? You realize you are exposing yourself and this site's administrators to a libel claim? I want it clear I reject the rumors and negative information that have been posted about this young man and am not a party to them.
                      Looks like its not his first incident either.

http://ottoinfocus.com/?p=1922

On the ensuing kickoff, the Rebels attempted an onside kick, but the ball bounced down the field toward the Wildcats’ Tyler Shreve. The senior quarterback appeared to land on the ball after a mad scramble.

But it’s what happened after the play that had Strycula and the Rebels upset. When Shreve got to his feet, he allegedly threw a punch at a Rebel player. And that’s when tempers flared on both sides, resulting in a scuffle that was brought under control by the officials, coaches and game security.

After huddling together for several minutes and talking with the coaches, the officials decided end the game with 18 seconds left on the clock.

“I’m disappointed in Tyler Shreve for punching our kid to end the game,” Strycula said. “They have great kids, they do a great job, and have a great program. And when stuff like that happens it’s very disappointing.”
                      *Banned*

Comment

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/vars...er-shreve.html
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

The coach sounds like a real POS (in my opinion). Coach: "I'm going to ruin this kid's life. He'll be sorry he ever fucked with me. I will not be made a fool of." We all know the type. They are especially prevalent among coaching hacks.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Here is an article about the incident Socal is talking about:

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_14475006?source=most_viewed

"He and the coach had an argument," said Arden Wiltshire, spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department. "He became upset when he was dismissed from the team."

"He and the coach got into a dispute and it became physical, which led to him being arrested for assault.

Read more: http://www.sbsun.com/ci_14475006?sou...#ixzz0gxb1iq9j
                            *Banned*

Comment

The website for Superior Court in San Bernadino County where his high school is located shows that he had a minor traffic infraction in December. No other charges, however. Smells stinky to me.

EDIT: Might be too new to have hit the system yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X