Salt Lake & Provo vs Boise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salt Lake & Provo vs Boise

What was Brigham Young thinking coming here instead of Fort Boise? "This is the place"? Maybe in his dreams.

Link:

http://louisianatech.scout.com/2/948181.html
    Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
    Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
    Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Holy cow. That was the funniest thing I have ever read. Thank you.

My favorite gems:

"The next two closest schools mentioned in Pac-10 expansion, BYU and Utah live in an area in which travel in and out of can be extremely difficult with flights often delayed or cancelled. BYU suffers from a further disadvantage of being a full hour away from the nearest airport. So even if they are closer to four of the ten Pac-10 schools, travel is very difficult in months of snow (October-March)."

- They have Utah closer to USC and UCLA than BYU

"Cooler than some U.S. cites; certainly, but not near as cold as Salt Lake City (home to Utah ), Provo (home to BYU) and Boulder (home to Colorado , another school mentioned as an expansion candidate). Salt Lake City averages 27 degrees for a low in December and 25 in January (Source: Weather.com). Provo is colder still—24 degrees for an average high in December and 22 in January. Boulder ’s average low temperature is 19 in December and 21 in January. Boise ’s weather is warmer than Utah for certain—23 in December and 23 in January and the balmy temperatures in the spring, summer and fall. (Source: Cityrating.com). And the motto of Utah , which boasts of “The Greatest Snow on Earth”, tells us that Utah is the place that gets all the snow. Boulder , too, gets dumped on every winter. "

Clearly Boise, with a low average temperature of 23 degrees in December and January, is much warmer than SLC (25 and 27)

Comment

You're missing the best part...

Where Boise has better tradition than everyone but Texas (including Texas A&M) because they have a JC National Title.

I leave it to you BYU folks to comment.

Comment

My favorite part is his listing of US News rankings, for which all the other universities have ratings, but "Boise State was not evaluated."

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          My favorite part is his listing of US News rankings, for which all the other universities have ratings, but "Boise State was not evaluated."
          I think its because they blow the curve, it simply wouldn't be fair to the rest of us.

Comment

Boise St. fans should be embarrassed about that article. Hell, I'm embarrassed for them.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Crimson View Post
              I think its because they blow the curve, it simply wouldn't be fair to the rest of us.
              When I read this this morning, I couldn't stop laughing. Every single paragraph is a gem.

I posted it on Utefans and it was very well received. The good folks there took it and ran with it. I'm hoping the comments here rival or surpass those made on UF.

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                Boise St. fans should be embarrassed about that article. Hell, I'm embarrassed for them.
                If they aren't embarrassed about the clown carpet on which they play their home games, they won't be embarrassed by this.

Most of the Boise fans I know would be nodding and saying quietly to themselves, "Damn straight!"

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                  If they aren't embarrassed about the clown carpet on which they play their home games, they won't be embarrassed by this.

Most of the Boise fans I know would be nodding and saying quietly to themselves, "Damn straight!"
                  Its all about Distance to Pullman, Airports that don't close and Junior College National Championships. I'm surprised you don't get that Portland.

Comment

The article gives me great hope. With Utah and Boise State now mortal locks for PAC-10 admission, BYU will be consigned to an inevitable downward path of lesser competition. Along the way, however, Division 1-AA and then NJCAA championships are ours for the taking, completing a national championship trifecta of which Boise State can only dream. Who's laughing now?
                    Last edited by PaloAltoCougar; 02-24-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Okay as a BSU fan I will pipe in here. I and ever other BSU fan should realize their is no way in hell the PAC 10 will take the Broncos into their fold. We can look for a MWC invite and that is the best we could hope for. It's obvious the football program is on par with the best in the MWC but they need the MWC for an upgrade for the other programs. As for the blue turf if this were a business the guy who thought of it would be called a marketing genius for all the talk and air play it gets.

Comment

I've that article 5 times now. It's still as funny as ever. that dude that wrote it is BroncoCountry.com's senior editor!!!

Comment

Don't know why all you guys are hating on the weather analysis. It is simple.

Would you rather be here:

And enjoy the passionate fans that would rather go swimming than the fiesta bowl.

You can even water ski year round!

Or here (and this is how you'd travel to the airport btw):

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                            Okay as a BSU fan I will pipe in here. I and ever other BSU fan should realize their is no way in hell the PAC 10 will take the Broncos into their fold. We can look for a MWC invite and that is the best we could hope for. It's obvious the football program is on par with the best in the MWC but they need the MWC for an upgrade for the other programs. As for the blue turf if this were a business the guy who thought of it would be called a marketing genius for all the talk and air play it gets.
                            How can you be so down on your Pac-10 chances, I mean with an Airport that can stay open in the winter and that Junior College national title, I think the sky is the limit for y'all. Hell why not just go independent and show the whole world how great Boise St really is.

And yes if cementing your place in college football as a 2nd rate program in need of gimmicks is genius, then yes the blue turf is genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Crimson View Post
                              How can you be so down on your Pac-10 chances, I mean with an Airport that can stay open in the winter and that Junior College national title, I think the sky is the limit for y'all. Hell why not just go independent and show the whole world how great Boise St really is.

And yes if cementing your place in college football as a 2nd rate program in need of gimmicks is genius, then yes the blue turf is genius.
                              BSU 3 Utah 0

Comment

Working...
                              X