PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Linebacker arrested last night

TripletDaddy
02-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Since it has been at least four or five days between arrests, someone apparently had to step up.

LB Kiko Alonso. DUI.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/8156/oregon-lb-arrested-for-dui

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2010/02/oregon_football_kiko_alonso_ci.html

"If a player doesn’t live up to the standards we have for the football program, then they’re not going to be here,'' Kelly said Friday. "But I’m also not going to follow our kids around every Friday or Saturday night so I can see what happened to them.''

I guess Chip didn't get around to that players only meeting.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-21-2010, 08:01 AM
It was about time the defense stepped up.

Also I love knowing how scared you and the might USC are of little old Oregon. Your obsession on Oregon is bordering on waup's obsession on you.

Edit: Per eDuck posts, Kiko's Facebook is showing that he has been kicked off the team. So maybe the team meeting did happen and this kid is just an idiot.

TripletDaddy
02-21-2010, 08:37 AM
This is definitely newsworthy at this point...as a standalone, not so much.

This all started in January with the Rob Beard assault (ironically, Beard was the victim in this case). That led to Matthew Simms being arrested for assault in retaliation for the Rob Beard beatdown. I never mentioned the Sims or the Beard thing because I assumed it was a standalone thing.

But since then, the Ducks have been in the news every week...Simms, Masoli, James, and now Alonso.

BoylenOver
02-21-2010, 08:43 AM
This was found on the facebook of another UO player

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/quote-me-2009-ducks-fbombs-over-duid-teammate-27894

What a mess.

Viking
02-21-2010, 08:48 AM
they seem highly educated

TripletDaddy
02-21-2010, 08:54 AM

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/quote-me-2009-ducks-fbombs-over-duid-teammate-27894

What a mess.

I didn't know that "faded" was a euphemism for "drunk." Learn something new every day.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-21-2010, 09:26 AM
they seem highly educated

To be fair Holland was a USC transfer, who got kicked off the team before the Rose Bowl.

I should start a bunch of threads about USC's 14 hour a day deposition last week. I notice nobody is commenting on that, I guess people don't care about 5th place teams just the guys on top.

TripletDaddy
02-21-2010, 09:33 AM
To be fair Holland was a USC transfer, who got kicked off the team before the Rose Bowl.

I should start a bunch of threads about USC's 14 hour a day deposition last week. I notice nobody is commenting on that, I guess people don't care about 5th place teams just the guys on top.

Actually, please do. If you have any info, it would be interesting to read. I haven't been able to find anything that talks about the meetings themselves. Do you have some inside scoop?

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Actually, please do. If you have any info, it would be interesting to read. I haven't been able to find anything that talks about the meetings themselves. Do you have some inside scoop?

As much scoop as you have had about the Oregon players off-field stories. Just most people here don't want to read speculative news links about USC, just about Oregon. Sorry! Just being honest.

DU Ute
02-21-2010, 09:37 AM
As much scoop as you have had about the Oregon players off-field stories. Just most people here don't want to read speculative news links about USC, just about Oregon. Sorry! Just being honest.

Actually, I think most here don't care for either, but that will probably change with Utah's PAC10 invite.

TripletDaddy
02-21-2010, 09:55 AM

Are you reveling in the fact that more people care about Oregon's arrests than SC's NCAA hearing? That is fine with me.

btw, I was wrong. Beard was not only a victim of a beatdown...he was arrested and cited....for punching a girl in the face. I guess he was beaten down as a result of punching the girl in the face. yikes!

http://www.kval.com/sports/college/84523967.html

1 face punch of a football player, 1 face punch of a girl, 1 strangulation of a girl, 1 face punch of a male non-football player, and stolen computers. That is a lot of speculation......

il Padrino Ute
02-21-2010, 10:13 AM
I guess Chip didn't get around to that players only meeting.

It was a players only meeting. Duh.

BoylenOver
02-21-2010, 03:37 PM

What a mess.

Jamere Holland is no longer a part of the Ducks program.

http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/duck-football/comments/holland-dismissed-from-uo-football-team/

Good grief.

Surfah
02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I didn't know that "faded" was a euphemism for "drunk." Learn something new every day.

Seriously? Montell Jordan's This Is How We Do It?

TripletDaddy
02-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Jamere Holland is no longer a part of the Ducks program.

http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/duck-football/comments/holland-dismissed-from-uo-football-team/

Good grief.

This is strategic window dressing.

They are dismissing the sacrificial lambs to draw attention away from Masoli and James.

Why would you kick Embry off the team and not Masoli? They were both involved.

Also, why kick a player off the team for posting something on his facebook and not kick off the guy who strangled his girlfriend or punched a girl in the face?

I am not sure posting something on facebook merits expulsion from the team.

Most of these players will likely return to the team if Oregon does well enough this season.

TripletDaddy
02-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Seriously? Montell Jordan's This Is How We Do It?

I didn't really listen to that kind of music, so I am not very familiar with the lyrics. I need to repent.

il Padrino Ute
02-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Most of these players will likely return to the team if Oregon does well enough sucks this season.

I fixed that for you.

TripletDaddy
02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
I fixed that for you.

Actually, I think it is the opposite. See Blount.....out for the entire season, comes back in time for Rose Bowl redemption. And actually had a nice game. I don't think he would have come back if the Ducks were playing in a lesser bowl.

I wasn't necessarily opposed to Blount's return, btw. Everyone deserves their shot at redemption. And it is good that his entire career wasn't ruined by bad decisions made in the heat of the moment.

Oregon's problem right now is an epidemic throughout the team, from top to bottom. This seems to indicate bigger problems afoot. What those problems are....I have no idea.

Donuthole
02-21-2010, 06:36 PM
As HFN knows, there is actually a barbershop called "Get Faded" in a pretty bad part of Las Vegas near a favorite Mexican dive of mine. FYI, the bullet holes in the cars in the parking lot are not the magnetic sticker variety--they are real.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-22-2010, 09:10 AM
This is strategic window dressing.

They are dismissing the sacrificial lambs to draw attention away from Masoli and James.

Why would you kick Embry off the team and not Masoli? They were both involved.

Holland was already on his way out, he was on his second suspension and didn't play in the Rose Bowl. From what I had heard the timing of him being kicked off with his FB rant was just a matter of interesting timing.

Do most colleges kick off players when the get arrested? I know that hasn't been the standard in the P10, SEC, BYU or Utah. Perhaps other places it is. If James is found guilty he will punished and should be kicked off the team.

At this point Masoli has not even been arrested, has according to one sports blog appeared before a grand jury about 2 weeks ago with nothing since. The only thing saying he was there is the frat members Twitter. Again if he did steal the items from the frat house he should be punished, 2-4 games I would think.

TripletDaddy
02-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Holland was already on his way out, he was on his second suspension and didn't play in the Rose Bowl. From what I had heard the timing of him being kicked off with his FB rant was just a matter of interesting timing.

Do most colleges kick off players when the get arrested? I know that hasn't been the standard in the P10, SEC, BYU or Utah. Perhaps other places it is. If James is found guilty he will punished and should be kicked off the team.

At this point Masoli has not even been arrested, has according to one sports blog appeared before a grand jury about 2 weeks ago with nothing since. The only thing saying he was there is the frat members Twitter. Again if he did steal the items from the frat house he should be punished, 2-4 games I would think.

Fair point. i think you are correct in that most players are NOT evicted for an arrest...but for a conviction, yes. In the case of Masoli and James, no arrest and no conviction would preclude them from any serious discipline for now, which is fair and probably the right thing to do...everyone deserves their day in court, so to speak. The timing of the other dismissals is curious, but will be less so if, as you predict, some discipline is meted out to the stars if they are found culpable.

I read on one blog that some "people" were saying that LMJ was arguing with his girlfriend and that there was no strangulation, at all. I wonder how much of this is opportunism?

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-22-2010, 02:11 PM
This has to help, I'm not sure how but I know it does. From the Men's Figure Skating in Vancouver.
qZXo8ayJbAA

Hot Lunch
02-22-2010, 02:31 PM
This has to help, I'm not sure how but I know it does. From the Men's Figure Skating in Vancouver.
qZXo8ayJbAA

are you talking about the hat or the fact that there was an Oregon supporter at Men's Figure Skating.