My biggest fear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest fear.

Is that I will spend the next 40 years paying for Obama's debt. $1 trillion stimulus plan. If it really works, we will see the result within the next 6 months. If it doesn't, we will be paying for it the rest of our lives.

How much does $1 trillion divided up by 300 million amount to? Now that would be a stimulus package.

Don't worry, you will have to pay president Bush's debt first, and that is going to take a lot longer than 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
      Don't worry, you will have to pay president Bush's debt first, and that is going to take a lot longer than 40 years.
      So the more debt the better? If you have kids, thanks for passing the buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
        So the more debt the better? If you have kids, thanks for passing the buck!
        Have you suffered a recent head injury?

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
          Have you suffered a recent head injury?
          ????????????

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post

I get it. This is poker. I'll see your $400B debt (Bush's) and raise you another $1 trillion (Obama's)

Comment

I get it. This is poker. I'll see your $400B debt (Bush's) and raise you another $1 trillion (Obama's)
              Might want to check your numbers. And really, you should see a doctor about that concussion.

Comment

Might want to check your numbers. And really, you should see a doctor about that concussion.
                Which number is incorrect?

Comment

Which number is incorrect?
                  I'd hate to deprive you of the research experience. You might accidentally run across a site that isn't run by Sean Hannity in the process. What an adventure!

Comment

I'd hate to deprive you of the research experience. You might accidentally run across a site that isn't run by Sean Hannity in the process. What an adventure!
                    Which number is wrong? It will require a shorter response than the one you just rendered.

This Hannity number?: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...t_N.htm?csp=34

Is this a Hannity number as well? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090115/...obama_stimulus
                    Last edited by Hallelujah; 01-20-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

sigh. That $438 billion is for one year, not total. Obama's stimulus package would be spread out over a period of time and would not all be deficit spending, just like Bush's $700 billion bailout wasn't all deficit spending. I don't like either one but there's no sense in lying about it.

It's also interesting that you rounded heavily toward your position in both cases. Why would you do that?

Comment

sigh. That $438 billion is for one year, not total. Obama's stimulus package would be spread out over a period of time and would not all be deficit spending, just like Bush's $700 billion bailout wasn't all deficit spending. I don't like either one but there's no sense in lying about it.

It's also interesting that you rounded heavily toward your position in both cases. Why would you do that?
                        OK, $438B and an addition $830B. Feel better now? And if you think it will end at $830B; what can I say? Except that a fool is born every day. Bush's bailout? Congress was going nuts to pass it and the Dems would have demagogued (sp?) Bush. Instead he flipped them off, agreed to it, and then fly off to his home in Texas. Bush was bad fiscally. Obama will be worse.

That's the bottom line and you and I will end up paying for it and get nothing in return.

Comment

OK, $438B and an addition $830B. Feel better now? And if you think it will end at $830B; what can I say? Except that a fool is born every day. Bush's bailout? Congress was going nuts to pass it and the Dems would have demagogued (sp?) Bush. Instead he flipped them off, agreed to it, and then fly off to his home in Texas. Bush was bad fiscally. Obama will be worse.

That's the bottom line and you and I will end up paying for it and get nothing in return.
                          I'm not interested in your justifications. You still haven't acknowledged my major point, which is that you're comparing a single year of Bush's deficit with a proposed spending/taxation plan. Those aren't the same sort of thing. I would also dispute that we "get nothing in return," but I'm still too concerned about that head injury to tax you further.

Comment

I'm not interested in your justifications. You still haven't acknowledged my major point, which is that you're comparing a single year of Bush's deficit with a proposed spending/taxation plan. Those aren't the same sort of thing. I would also dispute that we "get nothing in return," but I'm still too concerned about that head injury to tax you further.
                            So how do you figure the return on investment? For $830B, we get what?

Also remember the last stimulus package? Did nothing except put us in further debt. I put mine in savings. Did you go out and spend yours?

Comment

I AM comparing one year's of deficits to ONE ACT of deficit spending. Talk about head injuries!

Comment

Working...
                              X