New conference names, post-expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New conference names, post-expansion

If the Big 10 adds Pitt, does it become the Big 12?

And if the Big 12 loses Texas and Colorado to the Pac, does it become the Big 10?

The Big 10 is screwed, unless it goes beyond 12 teams. And The Big 12 cannot afford to drop down to 10 teams.

I think this all but assures that at the end of expansion, BYU will be in either the Pac 10 or the Big 12.

Think of the costs associated with reprinting all those t-shirts, hats, etc that say "Big 12." It is staggering!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    If the Big 10 adds Pitt, does it become the Big 12?

And if the Big 12 loses Texas and Colorado to the Pac, does it become the Big 10?

The Big 10 is screwed, unless it goes beyond 12 teams. And The Big 12 cannot afford to drop down to 10 teams.

I think this all but assures that at the end of expansion, BYU will be in either the Pac 10 or the Big 12.

Think of the costs associated with reprinting all those t-shirts, hats, etc that say "Big 12." It is staggering!
    Good call. How long until they're just corporate names? The AT&T Conference?
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
      Good call. How long until they're just corporate names? The AT&T Conference?
      Which AT&T conference would it be, though? The Cingular/AT&T conference? Or maybe the SBC/yahoo/AT&T conference?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If nothing changes I think the MWC should change to the "Big X," pronounced "Big Ex."
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Which AT&T conference would it be, though? The Cingular/AT&T conference? Or maybe the SBC/yahoo/AT&T conference?

Yahoo presents The AT&T Conference brought to you by Cingular.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            If nothing changes I think the MWC should change to the "Big X," pronounced "Big Ex."
            Why not go for something that really pops......."The Awesome Conference."

It would be fun to hear commentators talk about The Awesome Conference on College GameDay.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

It would be fun to hear commentators talk about The Awesome Conference on College GameDay.
              it would lead to a lot of tic TAC jokes.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

How about "The Big One"? The accent on the middle word is crucial and should be in all promotional materials, all visual representations of the conference name.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  it would lead to a lot of tic TAC jokes.
                  This needed recognized!
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

If Utah joins the PAC 10 along with Colorado, it should become the Socially Conscious Athletic Teams Conference, the SCAT 12.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X