College Football 2010 Road Trips & Home Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2010 Road Trips & Home Games

It is never too early to start planning your road trips for the upcoming football season. In fact, the earlier you plan, the easier it is to attend...save money, arrange work schedule, find sitters, etc.

For some of us, even BYU or Utah home games are road trips.

2010 will have some cool OOC games for both the Y and the U

BYU
    Sep 4 Washington (Home)
    Sep 18 Florida State (Away)

Utah
    Sep 2 Pitt (Home)
    Nov 13 Notre Dame (Away)

Is anyone planning on making the trip to any of these roadies? I would think that almost every Ute fan save SeattleUte would make the trip to South Bend...which is a total dump of a town but the campus is obviously a mecca.

I am excited about making the trip East to Tallahassee. Florida State. That will be a great experience for BYU fans. Are there any other BYU fans planning on making that trip? Or others?

I was spending some time this morning trying to decide what the 2010 schedule will look like and noticed that while it will be a fun year, it is relatively short on road trips, which is actually nice. This is what it is shaping up to be:

Sep 2 @Hawaii (SC....fun vacation trip)
    Sep 11 Virginia (SC)
    Sep 18 @Florida State (BYU)
    Oct 2 Washington (SC)
    Oct 16 Kal (SC)
    Oct 30 Oregon (SC)
    Nov 6 Arizona State (SC)
    Nov 27 Notre Dame (SC....not making the Utah thanksgiving trip this year)
    Dec 4 @UCLA (SC)

There are a couple of weeks in there that may be good opportunities to take in a game at LES but I have come to the conclusion that it isn't worth it to fly up to Utah to watch BYU take on crappy teams like UNLV, SDSU, Wyoming, New Mexico, etc. The Utah game will always be worthwhile and the TCU game is generally interesting. Beyond that, no thanks. I can catch UNLV and SDSU every other year when BYU plays them away. That being said, I am still envious of those that live near campus and can attend every BYU home game. That is a lot of fun.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

I'm taking a homie to the washington game.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      I'm taking a homie to the washington game.
      That is going to be a good game. Lots of compelling storylines:

Sark returns in power and great glory.
      Revisiting LockerGate.
      Heaps against his "hometown" school.
      Possible Heaps v Montana Part 2?
      UW on the rise
      SeattleUte sneaks into LES wearing fake mustache and dark sunglasses....feels spirit as he sits and watches game. Starts off cheering for Huskies but converts and ends game cheering for BYU.

sigpic

Comment

I am going to both South Bend and to the Pitt game, so far.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          Do you drive up for other home games or is it too far to make it work with all the other family stuff going on? Do you try to go up for the BYU game, for example?

The Notre Dame experience will be very memorable. Although I would stay in Chicago, not in South Bend.

sigpic

Comment

I am tentatively planning on Being at the Florida St game.

Comment

I am planning on Florida State, and all of the BYU home games as well as a roadie to Salt Lake for the BYU vs Utah game.
              *Banned*

Comment

HFN Jr will be getting baptized on September 4th (poop I am old enough to have an 8 year old? wtf?) so I don't get to go to see Washington/BYU in Provo.

I am however thinking that HFN Jr. might get to make his first roadie this year when the Ducks travel to Knoxville on Sept 11. I am trying to make the BYU/Utah game work into the plans for the year as well.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Do you drive up for other home games or is it too far to make it work with all the other family stuff going on? Do you try to go up for the BYU game, for example?

The Notre Dame experience will be very memorable. Although I would stay in Chicago, not in South Bend.
                  I make fewer games than I want to see. I was going to drive up for the rivalry game this year, but ER pooped out on me. Now that some of my kids are old enough to go and have a good time, we will make a few more. I might try to catch TCU and BYU this year and bring my 3 oldest with me.

We are planning to stay in Chicago. We are hoping there will be a Bears game the same weekend.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    Likewise, I will be going to those games as well.

Comment

I will be in South Bend for sure.

Comment

BYU v. Washington will be my only roady this year.

Unless the kid gets into BYU. Then I can imagine we will be at almost every home game.

Comment

Notre Dame and all the RES games for sure.

I may try make the Air Force and/or SDSU trips depending on the timing. The Iowa St. game falls on a weekend that I'll probably have to work.

I'll try to make whatever bowl game as long as it's located somewhere south or west of SLC, and not scheduled a day before Christmas.

Comment

I'll be at South Bend and the Utah home games, plus Florida at Alabama the first weekend of October.

If BYU plays any weeknight home games, I'll probably rustle up a ticket for that as well.
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                              I'll be at South Bend and the Utah home games, plus Florida at Alabama the first weekend of October.

If BYU plays any weeknight home games, I'll probably rustle up a ticket for that as well.
                              Florida at Alabama that has to be a tough ticket.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X